Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Source for used rims?

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2005, 09:26 PM
CWG
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Source for used rims?

Been looking for some time, all the used rims I've seen are really beat- bought a "good" rim on ebay and sent it back, bent worse than mine LOL
need a front Prairie 650 rim. Any classieds (more than here?)
thanks-ps, I think the factory rims are Douglas, right? New douglas's are about the same as ITP!! Dealer made me fall backwards for price of new.
TIA

Old 09-26-2005, 09:35 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Every once in a while I set a set of stock rims together on ebay but I dont see many. Singles are hard to come by as you've probably noticed. Its even somewhat hard to find used sport quad rims that are in good shape and dont cost almost as much as new. We've got a couple of atv/snowmobile/mc junkyards acrossed the state here in Mich but finding bikes and parts newer than the late 90's is a tough chore. If I had the money for new itps I'd sell you one of my P700 rims cheap but I'm sinking way too much money elsewhere for that. Some of the companies selling parts on ebay have junkyards they are selling from, I'd try and find a few and ask them if they have anything like that around.

Old 09-26-2005, 09:41 PM
Trailblazer

There are two sets of dealer take offs on ebay right now. Rims and tires for 150.

Old 09-26-2005, 09:47 PM
CWG
Pro Rider

Yup, I emailed the guy on those rim sets to see if he'd part them out.. Naw.too much trouble. LOL, I know.
Part of the problem is I only run 3-4 pounds in the Bighorns and that will certainly lead to trouble, but ohhh so much smoother ride, I dont go quick so no worries about rolling it..
except the one time, which is why I need one front LOL
I'd get a pair, but the last set was mangled, beware fuzzy photos! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

My 650 is due back wednesday from the dealer (recall replacement parts) and I really started combing the net and ebay six weeks ago...well
maybe something will pop up
regards

Old 10-02-2005, 11:21 PM
CWG
Pro Rider

Thought I'd share.
Got an email finally from the guy who had some take-offs.

In full:
i have a pair of brand new front takeoff they are a wheel and tire combo. price is 100.00 per wheel and tire plus shipping let me know if this works for you.
Only 200.00 and shipping for a set of factory dunflops and rims. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

The search goes on LOL

Old 10-02-2005, 11:59 PM
Range Rover

Hang in there on Ebay. I search ebay every few days with a "kawasaki prairie" search. I have seen them off and on the past couple of years...actually fairly frequently. But like you I haven't seen anything decent lately. You will though.

Another thought...don't know if this will work for you. A couple of days ago I was at a local sporting good store picking up some bullets for elk season (bullets, not ammo...I reload). I parked next to guy with a pickup like mine with a red P650 in the back. I noticed he had 26" 589s on ITP wheels. The tires were worn somewhat, so I asked him how he liked them, etc. Said he took the originals off after the first week he had it and put the 589s on. I wonder how many guys still have the originals in their garage somewhere. Might pay to ask your ATV buddies, dealers, etc. if they know of any P650 guys with aftermarket wheels? Worth a shot maybe.

Good Luck!

Old 10-03-2005, 12:00 AM
Pro Rider

hey CWG,
I recenty just totaled my prairie and happen to have a front rim available for it. I was thinking about selling as a whole, but will be piecing it out. I warn you that the rim is dented at the lip, but I think it rolls straight. Only have one, as the other got nicely bent when it landed on it. let me know if you're interested and if you need any other parts.

Trending Topics

Old 10-03-2005, 10:18 AM
CWG
Pro Rider

I search ebay every few days with a "kawasaki prairie" search.
Ditto, same "search" words too.

just totaled my prairie and happen to have a front rim available
ouch, sorry to hear it, thanks trying to find a rim in near new shape.
Hope you weren't mangled in totalling it.

Old 10-03-2005, 06:53 PM
Pro Rider

hmm, I wouldnt call the remaining in new shape, sorry. I made it out fine