Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Do you think kawie will bump up the BF750???

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2005, 08:51 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Do you think kawie will bump up the BF750???

I hope Kawasaki is listening, we will know when the Next Generation of the BFs come out.
On that ATVtelevison show, good 'Ol Doug mentioned that Kawasaki wanted to do the side by side comparison of the Stock BF vs the Mod-BF w/Works Suspension/ITP Wheels and Radial tires. Like Doug said, and I agree with Doug 100%, the improvement is just unbelievable, can't exactly describe it but the Monies I spent to improve my BF750 was worth every dollar. The Works, ITP Wheel/Radial tires did MAKE the Difference.

Old 10-15-2005, 02:24 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do different shocks make that big of a difference? I was wondering about that. I've never actually talked with anyone who has put new shocks on. I haven't seen the ATV TV episode you're talking about so I'll have to see if I can record it.

I think the problem I seen on the BF was that the suspension was so stiff it simply doesn't move unless you have a very, very heavy load on it. Even then it doesn't seem to move quite right. Instead of the suspension moving up and down across the terrain it just sorta skitters and skips across the surface with the suspension hardly moving.

If you don't mind saying, how much did your works suspension system cost?

Old 10-15-2005, 05:21 PM
Pro Rider

Front Works shocks and ATRs tires DRASTICALLY improved the handling of my 02 650. Adding the rear shock upgrade can only make it handle even better.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 10-15-2005, 05:26 PM
Weekend Warrior

dont know about that but the dealer kaw/sez told me today that next year Sez will have 14 new models ???

Old 10-16-2005, 01:07 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

CaptainQ
The ATV show was on just Last Wednesday nite On The Outdoor Channel, had both the Grizz 660 and the BF750 comparing the stock vs the WORKS suspension and the ITP wheels/better tires. It will be shown again, they always run repeats.
This ATV show stated exactly what you said about the stock shock set-up with the Brute, even shows the stock vs WORKs in an comparison Video.
The WORKS come with many different set-ups, for now I just stayed with the Dual Rate WORKS AT Steeler shocks, No pre-loads, No Reserviors, cost for all 4 shocks shipped to me was $778.00. Took WORKS 2 weeks to build the Shocks For my "Needs", when you place the Order, WORKS will ask you ?s so the Shocks are built for you, where you ride the Brute, how the BF is set-up, your weight and so-forth.
The preloads can be added as well as the Reservoirs at a later time if I feel I need them but those two options do add up the price of the WORKS Shocks.
So far, I am 100% happy and pleased with my Basic Steeler AT WORKS.

Old 10-16-2005, 02:43 AM
Pro Rider

There's an unwritten HP limit anyway, and a basic 750cc has so much untapped potential. They could cam it, and tweak it here and there and easily add 30% more power... No need for 800cc. Don't need 750 either. The 700cc V force motor isn't even making half it's potential HP.

Old 10-17-2005, 05:36 PM
Pro Rider

Ya but the marketing is not there. The Outlnder 400 was every bit as powerfull as any 500 but if you put your self in the average joe's shoes when he or she is shopping and the salesman says its just as fast as the other's 500's do you think very many fokes will beleave the salesman. Its all about keeping up in the displacement wars not as much about actual performance. I look at both knowing there is typicaly more untapped power in the larger engines than the HO smaller ones. So the bigger the better where I am concerned. I look to see both a SRA and IRS 800 EFI within the next year with the SRA getting the newer BF 650 plastic and the IRS getting some minor suspension changes and radial tires. I do not however see the IRS version getting a suspension that will compare to the Outlanders unless they too go to a trailing arm stile and ditch the rear a-arms. I love the handeling of my praries but the Outlander handels almost as well and rides like a cadilac. I won't be even remotly interested if they don't offer it in chassis similar to the Prairie. I have a 800 custom BB Twin Peaks and it is a riot on sand and dirt, I would deffinately be enterested in a similar factory EFI setup.