Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Lakota needs top end

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2005, 07:33 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lakota needs top end

Hey guys, Rols- Vunit, & HoleShotz-- The '00 'Kota is smoking [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I Emailed Greg about rings(should I go w/ a higher comp piston???), valve seals & guides & cam(I want more low to mid power). I forgot to ask about a clutch. Any input?

Old 11-05-2005, 08:28 PM
Pro Rider

my Mojave started to burn oil, so i had it bored .40 over and threw in a high comp. Wiseco piston...you could get 390 grind cam, that may help, I think Vunit has a KG clutch so maybe he can report on that....i have one in my Mojave and it's starting to feel weak...but that's after lots of abuse

Old 11-06-2005, 12:38 AM
Pro Rider

i would say if you think your rings are going and your already gonna have the whole motor apart to get to them so go for the high comp piston, gasket, valves, the whole 9 yards...greg has some pretty sick kits which im sure you already know of...greg has all different kits for top end/low end mid range...my kotas startin to smoke alittle too but it might be that my jettings off???but anyways i plan on gettin the 11:1 high compression piston and all that once i get some money together cuz i want to make my kota rip which that piston sure will...i havent gotton my KG clutch yet cuz i had to get some other stuff paid off and all that but i plan on it in the next few weeks...i was talkin to holeshotz's the other night bout his KG clutch and he loves it and sayz its so much better than his DP clutch kit he had...also its half the price which is sweet...but for the money you cant beat it really best bang for the buck...once i get some $$$ im gettin one...i wish i could help out more about boring high comp piston and stuff but holeshotz gettin motor work done now and he can probably help ya out and lead you in the best direction...

Old 11-06-2005, 03:41 AM
Pro Rider

I guess im not to famous among the lakota people my name wasnt even mentioned.

Old 11-06-2005, 10:40 AM
Trailblazer

Sorry ND, those 3 names just popped outta my fingertips. What type clutch are you running? Also, I see you've got the 345 kit-how's that treating you?

Old 11-13-2005, 04:33 PM
Pro Rider

Im running the kg clutch kit and its holding up to the abuse the bb kit puts on it. I would be a little bit more happy with my bb kit if it had more compressiong(which is what I ordered but thats a whole diffrent stroy) So since nobody makes a high comp 350+- kit then you would be better off with a kit from cwr here is his site 335 Lakota Just click on the mojave then scroll down to Lakota performance parts.

Old 11-30-2005, 05:58 PM
Pro Rider

i kinda got to this a little late but i just got my engine back from greg@cwr yesterday and it has a fresh bore and his 11:1 hi comp piston and i got some other transmission work done to it also but anyways if its smoking i woudl get it taken care of soon because its going to get alot worse real quick so i would go with gregs 11:1 piston kit, the 420 lift cam, a DID HD cam chain, HD spirngs and oversized stainless steel valves because all that work is going to give you some serious power gains and even if you only need a new piston/rings i would get all the rest of the stuff done because most likely your not going to tear down your engine again anytime soon and all the parts like the springs, valves and cam chain are much stronger then stock and will give you a more reliable engine, and the cam deffinatly gives a noticable power increase especially paired with a 36mm mikuni and although i have not gotton a chance to drive my lakota with the hi comp piston yet, i have a feeling its gonna rip. As far as the clutch goes, like vunit said, i had the DP kit and after only a month the steel plates got bent up and worped and the frictions wore down alot, after that i got the KG which was a fraction of the cost and i have had it in there for almost a year now and it hasnt even needed an ajustment yet and the HD springs make a good diffirence too so the kg is the way to go. once i get to ride my lakota with the hi comp piston i will let you all know how it performs