Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Praire 360 is junk.....I hate it.

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2005, 03:19 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Praire 360 is junk.....I hate it.

For about the 1000000 time something is wrong with my P360....its been through 2 belts.....3 actuators.....and now check belt light is on...4x4 light is blinking......4x4 wolnt even atempt to work....electric start wolnt work when I turn the key i get no lights at all (neutral....belt....oil lights before i start) the front suspension boots is jacked up....I hate this thing.....its the worst 5,500 dollars ive ever spent.....my dads 650 is sooo much more dependable that the 360. So im gonna fix it and sell it.

Old 11-13-2005, 07:44 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That stinks. Is the reason you go through belts because you dont use low when your supposed too? My 4x4 light flashes but the 4x4 still works but my engine brake actuater is screwy some times. All i did was put electric tape over the light and works great.

Old 11-13-2005, 09:20 PM
Pro Rider

wow, sorry to hear that...mine is about 10 months old now and has taken some real tough love. I haven't (knock on wood) had a problem. I flooded it (they float in 4' of water), rolled it (2x's), probably ran it to hard on several occasions and she keeps on ticking...

noticed somebody posted about not using low enough?
when do you recommend using low? I hardly ever use low... maybe if I am coming down something steep, I let her walk down in low with the 4x4 engaged...or if I am pulling a small stump...

let me know thoughts??

ps. I like the Mud lites, what size are they?

Old 11-13-2005, 10:05 PM
Al1
Trailblazer

Crayton8700,

Are you going to fix it yourself or let a dealer do it ? I had pretty good luck with uniontown kawasaki they did all my motor work,Frank the mechanic seems to know his stuff.

Old 11-13-2005, 11:35 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jamakn, I use low gear as much as possible to keep me from having to adjust and replace belts. My moto is when im on a trail that averages about 15 or lower ill use low. I also use low for pulling, climbing, mudding, and just going slow etc. That is how many kawasaki owners run their bikes to keep the belts good.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 11-14-2005, 01:10 AM
Pro Rider

ditto always ride.

Old 11-14-2005, 06:30 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks, I 'll use it (low) more.. Like I said, I already use it, but I can use it more...

Ride on Kaw' boys'
Ride on'

Old 11-14-2005, 10:06 PM
Trailblazer

if anything i think you just don't know what your talking about
or...
OR you got a lemon
but who am i to say?
but this post is pointless
i have ran mine hard and when it lags i run it harder
and at the end of the day i let it rest
and it always runs perfect
i have 27 bi/tris on it
red secondary bright green primary
hmf snorkeled exhuast
fully snorkeled intake and tranny
wheel spacers
jet kit
air filter and no regrets for buying a machine i take care of and it takes car of me

dalhas,

Old 11-14-2005, 10:17 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Al1
Crayton8700,

Are you going to fix it yourself or let a dealer do it ? I had pretty good luck with uniontown kawasaki they did all my motor work,Frank the mechanic seems to know his stuff.
Yea thats where im gonna take it to....i took it to angels before but it was back in the shop in like 2 weeks.
I went out tonight to take it for a little ride to see if it fixed itself and now it is backfiring and missing like crazy.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 11-15-2005, 01:55 AM
Pro Rider

Sorry you're having such a time with a kawasaki atv. I can't help but think you got a lemon, especially since you speak well of the P650. Have you kept all the tickets for what's gone wrong in the past? If so, you might try to make it Kawasaki's problem instead of yours, warranty or not. Go as high as you can think of in corporate headquarters. At least that will come back down to somebody (regional supervisor) who can do you some good. Be sure and praise the P650 in your correspondence. Don't sell it to anyone you know or you will probably make an enemy. Does the knuckle recall apply to your bike? If so, be careful of selling it without a new kit installed.

My 2 cents, good luck however it goes.

Quick Reply: Praire 360 is junk.....I hate it.