Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Time for a plow for the 750, which one??

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2005, 01:19 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Time for a plow for the 750, which one??

Well it is that time of year and I am going to put a plow on my new 750 Brute. I have been reading about these plows on here and I am having trouble deciding on which one to go with. I think that I am going to go with a 60" plow, unless someone talks me out of it, but as far as brand I dont know. I would really like to have a plow that has an attachment unit that is safe to take into any conditions when I do not have the plow attached. I do not want to worry about u-bolts hanging down or anything like that. I have read a little about Tusk brand plows and it seems people who have them are happy with them, who sells them?? There is also a mention of Moose plows, which I have read are heavy, and my Kaw dealer suggests American Eagle plows. I know that there is also Warn and cycle county plows out there. I already have a winch so I have the lifting taken care of. If you guys could help me out on suggestions I would appreciate it. Thanks again.

Old 11-27-2005, 01:39 AM
Pro Rider

I run a 60" Cycle Country, and I'm very happy with it.
The mount kit only drops down about 1" (2 ears that the tube assy attaches to).

Old 11-27-2005, 01:44 PM
Pro Rider

You cannot go wrong with a Moose plow. They are definately heavy duty. I live in the snowbelt and plow a lot (at least 8 houses per snowfall). The plow is taking the abuse like a champ. Last winter was a record snowfall winter, so, yeah, the plow definately was used and abused. As far as the mounting plate, I had mine on my 650 since January with out a problem. It doesn't take any ground clearance away at all. I guess it's similar to the Cycle Country with two little tabs that stick down about 1" for mounting. Also, one very important plus is if you ever need any parts ASAP you can get all your parts (wear blades, lost hardware, skids) from Dennis Kirk VERY fast. I needed a wear blade and their standard shipping had it at my door in 2 days.

I recommend Moose.

BTW, only consider a 60" if you are plowing large open areas such as a large driveway. If you need to get on a sidewalk or smaller places then you will tear up some grass. I went with the 50" because I need to plow for picky old people [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] .

Old 11-28-2005, 07:54 PM
Weekend Warrior

I got to use my 60" Moose plow two days ago. It works awesome. It's a little on the heavy side but that scrapes down to the black top a little better that way. ( My last plow was fiberglass so I had to add weight to it.)
Moose is the only plow my dealer recommends. He said they are studier and easier to get parts for than most other plows. I can't complain.....

2006 Camo 750
Moose Plow
ITP ATR Holeshot Tires
Maxxis Maxlite 8 spoke Wheels

Old 11-28-2005, 08:50 PM
Pro Rider

i have a moose plow for my suzuki and it is a good plow. i got the small one for sidewalk use. i replace the cable with some utility rope and use several pulleys (to slow down how fast the plow goes up and down) to avoid damage and have never even broken the 1/4" nylon rope.
maybe i'll get the mount kit for the BF, but for now the lil zuki does fine.

i got the county plow cuz i thought it looked cool, but in reality the shorter plow would probably work as good or better. the short ones work equally either right discharge or left discharge, while the county plow works best throwing the snow to the right. the Moose plow is a heavy plow, but the added weight adds traction and durability.

monty

Old 11-29-2005, 04:28 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have a 54" Bombardier plow on my BF750i. (my dealer here is a Kawi/Bomb dealership) As somebody else said, you run out of traction long before you run out of power! I've already got over 2 feet of snow, and am very pleased with this setup. I too replaced the cable on my winch with some good poly rope, works nice. I'd recommend caution when going with the 60", because of weight, or the V-blade. My brother has a V-blade on his Grizzly, and it does well, but it is heavy, and he doesn't have the adjustable preloads. If your pushing a LOT of deep snow it's worth it, but for the average driveway, it's overkill. The sideplates are a handy thing to have on your blade for cleaning up a driveway!

Old 12-01-2005, 11:57 PM
Trailblazer

which plows out there use the "tab" style mounting system as opposed to the "u-bolt" mounting system that you guys were talking about earlier? I'm having the same dilemma, I want a plow with a mounting plate that saacrifices the least amount of ground clearance after removing the plow. A dealer had me conviced on the moose country plow, but now I'm not so sure--I think it uses U-Bolts and I don't want to get hung up crossing logs, mud, etc...

Old 12-02-2005, 02:07 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: InsaneApe
which plows out there use the "tab" style mounting system as opposed to the "u-bolt" mounting system that you guys were talking about earlier?
The Cycle Country plow mount on my Vinson has the 2 tabs.