Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Dynatek Dyna CDI

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2006 | 03:59 PM
Pro Rider
Default Dynatek Dyna CDI

Indeed the programability is for the hard cores. But think about it fellas. Imagine....you do the testing, creating a program for a full range of temperatures, humidity, elevation etc. Load it into a laptop, or an onboard computer, like a blue tooth or Palm PC. When you go riding everyday, you punch in the desired pre made program to run....Overkill? I don't know, But very very cool.

Old 02-14-2006 | 10:17 PM
Pro Rider
Default Dynatek Dyna CDI

I went with the copperhead from VDI over the dynatek module because of reliability and tunability issues. For a little more money there is a USB device which allows you to take along extra timing maps and you don't need a lap top. Just load a couple of extra maps at home and bring them along if you think you want to try them. The Copperhead is really a big step ahead of the dynatek in all of the extra features it offers.

I also have the jet kit from dynojet and this BF really is a different machine.

Old 02-15-2006 | 12:15 AM
|
Trailblazer
Default Dynatek Dyna CDI

I ordered the Dynatek today, Im not going to be going up high into the mountains or doing any fancy jetting I will be done after this after market install. Fastfatboy helped me make my mind up with his post, now Im going to just ride the hell out of my Brute. Thanks guys ,always fun talking about 4 wheelers.

Old 02-15-2006 | 08:31 AM
Pro Rider
Default Dynatek Dyna CDI

I just installed the Dyna, we'll see how it goes.

Old 02-17-2006 | 08:52 AM
|
Trailblazer
Default Dynatek Dyna CDI

Originally posted by: yamihoo
I just installed the Dyna, we'll see how it goes.
Just Installed one to my 750 last night. You will be pleased with the results. Hang on tight!!

Old 02-17-2006 | 10:40 AM
Range Rover
Default Dynatek Dyna CDI

The recreational user can use the Copperhead straight out of the box with great improvements. But if you want to try different settings, you have that option. You have 2 ignition curves in the box at all times, you also have on/off options for the reverse rev limiter, the low rpm detune, and limp mode. The high rpm rev limiter can also be moved up or down depending on the application. So if kids are going to be on it, or novice riders, you can flip a switch and drop the top rpms down to 2500 (or whatever).

Examples:

Curve 1 holds the factory 5 degrees advance curve. Curve 2 holds a curve that is optimized for 87 octane of 11 degrees.

With the programmer you can replace curve 1 with a curve of 14 degrees optimized for 91 octane and keep curve 2 as it is.

Or you can replace curve one with curve 2 and add a new curve designed for 102 octane racing fuel.

In addition, the Copperhead is designed to accept an EFI system that VDI is developing for the V twin. Once you have the EFI, you can program the EFI and the CDI from your lap top.

Yes it is more money, but it is so much more than the Dyna unit that you really can't compare the two.

Old 02-17-2006 | 11:30 AM
Trailblazer
Default Dynatek Dyna CDI

Curve one is the factory curve. So there is a switch to go from curve one to curve two. I don't think your telling us anything we don't already know. There is a huge thread regarding this on Nyroc's ATV forum.

I think the prairie EFI thing is a pipe dream. If your buying a VDI because one day there might be fuel injection offered by an aftermarket company such as VDI you are holding your breath. I don't think the advantages of an EFI system will outweigh the cost of the unit. If the VDI is $300 and took about 6 months longer to release than expected and was not properly sealed when released, what do you think you can expect from the VDI fuel injection unit. First of all, the cost would be enormous meaning it would make more sense to trade in the ATV for one that has factory fuel injection rather than spend $1000 dollars for an ATV that is 3-5 years old. Where is the benefit. This is another marketing ploy that people are eating up. I'm not blaming VDI, they are a business and are trying to make money, I just am not going to buy into the hype.

Old 02-17-2006 | 12:49 PM
Pro Rider
Default Dynatek Dyna CDI

States, I took it for ride, so far no problem hanging on.

Old 02-17-2006 | 02:50 PM
Range Rover
Default Dynatek Dyna CDI

After reading Torridone's post I have decided to sell my Copperhead.

I thought it was a great product but I was obvoiusly mislead. a tear...

Old 02-17-2006 | 03:10 PM
Trailblazer
Default Dynatek Dyna CDI

I never said it was a bad product.

Quick Reply: Dynatek Dyna CDI