Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Big bore shootouts WHATS UP!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2006, 09:40 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Big bore shootouts WHATS UP!!

Was reading a couple of mags, cant remember there names, seems the BF 750 did not fait to well, cant understand why these mag were so down on the Brute. People who own a Brute 750 love them, however I cant understand why these mags always have the Brute last or rate it 5th or so, depends on how many they are reviewing. One mag said the Griz would beat the Brute in a short drag or shootout, thats bs because I smoked one before I added my Dyna. Did Kawi **** the there soup or what?!!!

Old 02-22-2006, 11:31 PM
Range Rover

$$$$ talks

Old 02-22-2006, 11:35 PM
Pro Rider

I would not get too upset with what you read in the magazines. Most of editors and writers are in the business to sell magazines. The other half have no idea what they are talking about. Get what you like and ride it. Even if you can find an editor that knows what he is saying it is only his personal opinion and has very little relevance on how, where or what you ride.

They all have agendas......... follow the money!

Old 02-23-2006, 01:19 AM
Trailblazer

Ah long as you enjoy the brute whats the mags say... i know anytime i or someone else drives my brute they always come back with a grin so some mags not getting me down. ;d

Old 02-23-2006, 12:47 PM
Pro Rider

How does that old saying go? A dollar is worth a thousand words! LOL

Old 02-23-2006, 07:58 PM
Pro Rider

i noticed that too. the rags can barely disguise thier disgust for the Brute, but there isn't much out there that can compete with it. i think the brute has been the alpha atv for so long that it's now politically correct to bring out any percieved flaw it may have.

monty

Old 02-23-2006, 08:00 PM
Pro Rider

I had a friend ( God rest his soul) . He had a Pol 700 and he switched to the BF 750 , he always said the BF was snottier , but he also complained that the suspension was far below the Pol 700 ride. I want to let you know that he did not read or believe in these Mags. When I brought them to work he would say the same thing about the Mags , they go where the $$ is. I really hope the mags do true testing , and true shoot outs, When the prairie 650 and 700 was rated #1 did you guys believe it?Hell yes you did cause it was true. I too find it hard to believe BF 750 was not rated #1 , but it was beat out by the Outlander and the King Quad , not just in speed or top end but in the ride , I truly believe that a well rounded Quad is better than having the fastest . If someone asked me that a yr. ago I probably would have said faster is better , I guess im getting old. When I bought my Griz 660 I wanted IRS, and the Mags hit that artical on the head its a powerful machine , good suspension ( a little tippy ) til you get used to it. also reliable .Not as fast as the p 650 , I mean thats what they said and it is true. Iknow the stock tires on almost every Quad suck , but the main reason I hear people put new tires and rims on the BF and Griz is to get rid of the tippiness, so I can see why the BF750 did not fair so well , I do agree it is a Rocket.I find it hard to believe that a Griz will beat aBF 750 OR 650 for that matter , I raced my same friend ( God rest his soul) my Griz against his BF 750 I actually got the jump on him and hung with him a bit then he started walking on me and he just kept leaving.His top speed on pavement was 69 mph. mine is 61.So I say NO WAY is that statement true. There is always a new and better Quad being made , Hey thats technology, its gonna happen. Im sure everyone has a favorite brand what it boils down to is what level quad do you want or need , what type of riding or work are you going to do with it? If you want to have the top Quad all the time " your gonna be broke $$$" Have fun , always wear a helmet, and bring out what ya brought in.

Old 02-24-2006, 09:01 AM
Trailblazer

I do have to say the brake system on the Brutes are outstanding. Ive done alot of creek riding and we all know what they do to brakes. My Yamaha Kodiak brakes lasted about 5 weeks same for my honda. My BF brakes arent even wearing, I figured the front brakes would however there is none, the sand just dont get in them. Cant remember a mag bragging about how well the brake system is on the brute!!
Ive rode alot and the Brute is not the best ride however I dont look at it that way, Im just not sore or tired after riding all day and thats what I look at. The after market tires made a huge riding difference. Over the Kodiak and Honda Ive had, the Brute is the best atv ive owed.

There is an exception though, when the Grizz comes out with a v-twin or a bigger bore I will buy a grizz along with my Brute.

Old 02-24-2006, 05:37 PM
Pro Rider

I hear ya states ,yes you are right the rear brakes are the best , but they are the same as the p 650 and 700 and that has been stated in mags and is a well known fact.The fronts I have replaced on my o2 p650 after 500mi. from mud and sand. As for the ride I also could ride all day on my 02 p 650 and not be sore at all , but being realistic take any big bore with irs and most people will be amazed at the more comfortable ride. In most cases people with any brand irs will not complain but my bud ( God rest his soul ) did notice a definite diff. between the BF and POL.Thats all I was saying and that I could see why the BF did not fair well in the shootout.As for the grizz I also am waiting to see what they do and are very excited to see. RIDE SAFE.

Old 02-24-2006, 06:22 PM
Pro Rider

I have heard many things about the new flafship ute for yamy. Fist it was going to be a 750 efi twin, then an 800 efi twin, now I have heard they might leave the grizz where it is and creat a new model that is bigger. So who really knows? I'm not a big yamaha fan, but I can't wait for their new big bore ute!

Quick Reply: Big bore shootouts WHATS UP!!