Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

everyone has a review

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2006, 04:36 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default everyone has a review

Oh Bob, Blow it out your tailpipe. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-07-2006, 09:31 PM
Pro Rider

have any of you people ever seen a fat guy on a itty bitty orange atv ? if not ride with trailride lmao

Old 03-08-2006, 12:25 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have you noticed that about every few months someone out-there will post a thread and their intake and view on "How Bad the BF750i is".
The more I read that other thread the more it sounds like someone is quoting directly from a MAG test on the Brute, makes me wonder if he ever even owned the Brute in the 1st place.
I only use the MAG test for a base, I really only get the MAGS for the aftermarket goodies that are available for us to run up our credit cards on..
Some of this may just be "jealously", we were all expecting a new Yama Grizz for '06 in a VTWIN, not yet. Then the KQ is a 700 Single, why No VTWIN?
Have a local Suzy dealer in your area? The dealers here have a hard time selling the KQ's, they all havebeen telling Suzuki to drop the 700 single and put in their own VTwin and with the known handling of the present KQ, they wouldn't be able to keep the KQ EFI VTWIN on the floor. A few of the Dealers have said that Suzuki is unloading its 700 Single motors to arctic cat b/c of poor sales on the KQ.
Pretty soon I believe all of the top boys will have their VTWINS for us to pick from, then their will be even more Reviews to come and the Brute Force will still be there.
Good write up, BFB.., that is the "other BFB".

Old 03-08-2006, 08:26 AM
CWG
Pro Rider

My only objection to your post is to fuel injection. Vastly superior or carbs. Vastly. Keep the fuel clean and injection will have much less maintenence, and far more performance than carbs.
Theres a reason NO car manufactures- even obsure 3rd world country automakers dont use carbs anymore.
Just about everything uses one form of injection or other. Hell...the only thing left with carbs are lawnmowers [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Other than that, its about the same hoo-haw I put up with when I bought my Prairie very early in '03.
pawlaris this, honder that.

Old 03-08-2006, 04:47 PM
Pro Rider

the reasoning on every auto maker out there using fuel injection is superior fuel mileage, emissions, and the fact that if they didnt use it there wouldnt be very many people going to dealerships for repairs (I work at one) without the correct tools you cannot work on EFI many of which cost way to much for average joe to throw out of pocket just to fix the problem once. carburators on the other hand anyone can work on once you get a knack for it. shure fuel injection will be great when your doing mods, but you can only go so far without remapping the computer to make the fuel injection work at its peak performance(how much will a programmer cost). plain and simple electronics, mud, and water dont mix very well and in my opinion I will never have a use for it if I dont have to have it. if you really think about it, before fuel injection you had an alternator, HEI distributor(coil on top) and a carburator, thats pretty much all you needed to run the engine, now you have Electronic Fuel Injection that requires a computer to time the spark and the bursts of fuel, you have to have map sensors, mass airflow sensors, not only do you have the electronics but you have to have a alternator with a higher output and then you have to consider all the wireing harnesses wich dont hold up well to water at all. all this will cost you individually thousands of dollars to replace verses 60 dollars for an alternator 300 for a carb and 100 for the distributor=460 dollars. so you do the math, several thousand dollars to do the same thing that you can do with 4-500 ? how is that superior and all it takes is a little more time to tune it?