Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Forced to sell the BF750

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2006 | 08:35 PM
|
Trailblazer
Default Forced to sell the BF750

Well folks I think my body has taken all the abuse necessary. I rode my friends Honda Rincon during our two day ride at Hatfield McCoy (Rockhouse) this past weekend. The BF is just abusive to your body. My friend sat most of the day while I had to stand and get my teeth shaken out. This is just not what I expected when I bought it, I thought for a while it would get looser but it hasn't, I am not investing $1400 in new shocks.

If anyone else feels their suspension is going to get softer do yourself a favor and sell now.

I made the mistake of investing in winch, wheels, tires, skids, CDI, etc.

Worst part is I dont think without riding a quad with a superior suspension I would have realized how comfortable riding could be.

Old 03-22-2006 | 08:52 PM
Pro Rider

Well good luck with your new purchase. Honda makes a competitive product. The thing is that when I researched the BF, everything I read said that the ride is bumpier, and I still made the decision based on bang for the buck. The Rincon is a different type of machine and has a softer ride. Also, the Rincon, in my opinion costs too much money for what you get. Had I not got my BF, I would have purchased the King Quad or the AC 650. I like Honda, but they have a lot of catching up to do with stuff like fully locking differentials, ground clearance, etc.

Bubba

Old 03-22-2006 | 10:19 PM
|
Trailblazer

I agree with you which is why i bought a Brute, however the ride difference is huge. I only need a locker once in a while, i like to sit down all the time.

Old 03-22-2006 | 10:22 PM
Pro Rider

it would be cheaper to make the Brute ride like the Rincon, than try to make the Rincon keep up with the Brute. the Rincon is a nice machine, but for my money, they gotta make them with low range and front diff lock first.

monty

Old 03-22-2006 | 10:42 PM
Pro Rider

Good point MontyH. The Rincon retails at 7799! A lot of moolah for no low gear etc. One of the biggest reasons I wouldn't do the Rincon is the transmission. When the BF belt breaks/slips it doesn't cost an arm and a leg. The Rincon tranny goes, 1000-1500 repair bill. Honda makes great cars, dont know why their ATVs are so far behind.

Just my .02.

Bubba

Old 03-22-2006 | 10:57 PM
Pro Rider

I traded with a Rincon one day the new 680 and I only went about 5 minutes and I was forced to switch back to the P700.... I wasn't impressed with the Rincon power, it's like a wolf once you taste the blood you will be back. Good luck with what you decide.

Old 03-22-2006 | 11:20 PM
Pro Rider

Afraid I have to agree with the comfort of the Kawi, the seat felt kinda like a folded towel on a picnic bench, was ok on a short ride but would not want to spend a day on it or a few hours. The back is not like it used to be years ago. Went out and rode all that I was interested in and wound up with the Polaris sportsman. Ya it is heavy but that is fine since I use it for alot of work. I have had some reliability issues with it. This spring I plan on a new machine so will see how they have changed in the last couple years. Plan on riding them all again, try the ride, features etc. I am not brand loyal but will get the machine that fits my needs best. My GF was shopping for her first machine last spring, her main concern was comfort and she wound up with an outy 400.

Old 03-23-2006 | 01:33 AM
Range Rover

It's too bad you don't like the Brute, but I think you would have been money ahead by putting the $800 shocks to make it smoother. Instead you potentially took a depreciated value on a new machine and traded it for a Rincon that usually costs $500 more than a new Brute. You can always make a Brute ride smoother, but you can't make a Rincon shift into low gear, lock the front diff, or produce nearly as much power as your Brute Force did.

I would have gone for the new shocks to make it smoother, but that's just me. Oh well, different strokes for different folks.

Have fun with your new Honda.

Old 03-23-2006 | 08:04 AM
Trailblazer

Think some have read my review here on the Brute, you can find it back at page 5. More and more riders are sharing our same opinion on the Brute. Like I said before , its a shame Kawasaki put such a great power plant on a low grade suspension and seat.

Old 03-23-2006 | 09:46 AM
Range Rover

To each his own I guess, I have not had a problem with the factory shocks and the comfort. I love my machine, and I enjoy the stiff ride. I would have purchased a golf cart if I wanted everything to feel like a pillow.

Quick Reply: Forced to sell the BF750