Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

The Killer Bee is dead :(

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2006 | 12:55 PM
|
Pro Rider
Default The Killer Bee is dead :(

The Kaw. dealership (Action Sports in College Station, TX) that charged me $1,006 to repair/rebuild the front diff on the Killer Bee last Nov/Dec told me to bring it in recently and they would look at it to see if they will warranty their previous work on the front diff. I offered to remove the front diff and just bring in that part, but they insisted I bring in the entire quad.

After dropping off the Killer Bee 3 weeks ago and last week having arguments with the atv mech about whether its the front diff that is the problem or not (it was not locked up at the time he inspected it despite the fact that 2 other employees there saw it locked up when I dropped it off), they finally tore into it today only to find the front diff is toast! Their atv mech told me the front diff appears to be in the same or similar condition as when I brought it in last Nov. to get the front diff repaired/rebuilt. (NOTE: This front diff lasted less than 200 miles before it grenaded again...what a total WASTE of money to get it repaired at this place!!!)

Altho they agreed to fix the front diff again (warranty their work) if they found it was something that their mechanic did, they are now telling me that they can't tell if it exploded based on something I did or the mods I have on my quad or if its something they did. In short, they will not warranty it.

I'm not so upset about the fact that they won't warranty their work b/c I had a feeling that they would find any ol' excuse to NOT stand behind their work and that's exactly what happened. In any case, I do NOT recommend using this dealership for repair work...apparently, they do not stand behind their work nor do they keep their word that they will not charge you to look at the problem to see if they will warranty their work.

Actually what I'm VERY UPSET about is the fact that they are charging me 2 hours labor plus tax (~$130) to disassemble the front end and inspect the front diff even tho I clearly told their service rep. that I did NOT intend to pay 1 cent on this quad and I even offered to bring in just the front diff to avoid any labor cost to anyone (them or me) to disassemble the quad. They are now saying that the agreement was they would cover all costs *if* they determined it was their fault and that I would incur ALL costs (including disassembly) *if* they determined it was not their fault. They now admit that they can't determine who's fault it was that this diff blew up again so they are charging me for the labor to disassemble it anyway.

I plan to pick up the Killer Bee (in pieces) in the next few days and will disassemble it/part it out on ebay. Keep an eye out for lots of P650 parts on ebay soon.

Happy trails...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-29-2006 | 02:07 PM
Pro Rider

Man that really sucks. I hate to hear about your bike. What in the hell is wrong with all the kawi dealers. It seems like kawi has some of the worst people as dealers. They always try to screw ya over and look for ANY excuse to keep from having to hold up their end of the deal including new atv warrenty work. Man I know if I were you I'd be upset too but don't part it out on ebay. You'll already have the front diff out so go ahead have a few beers and tear into that mother yourself. Look no matter what happens you can't do it any more harm right[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Find what you need on ebay or Ron Ayers and put it back togther. I've seen some of the toothless wonders "aka mechanics" at the dealerships and it cant be that hard if a sister f#cker can do it. If you are dead set on parting it out then OK I really don't blame you. But if you quit riding or even go with a different brand quad then look in on the forums every once in a while. We've both been on here a while and I've come to notice your one of the few guys who knows what their talking about.
I just had an idea. Gut the front diff and make a 2wd prairie duner, like the one they had in dirt wheels 3 or 4 years ago. Lighten that puppy up as much as absolutely possibe, put nirtous on it, and have a bad a$$ drag machine[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] You'll be supprised at how many drag races there are with utility classes. Drop the weight to about 450# or less put a 25 or 30 shot on it and go **** of some sport quad owners[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-30-2006 | 12:12 AM
Trailblazer

I have a KFX700 I wrecked tore it up preety good bent the frame. Insurance covered it took it in to our dealer. Told them make it new everything like it was when it left showroom. Took over a MONTH! to do it. One top of that we was at the dunes i was just cruising around on it and the bolt that holds the swing arm to the frame backed out. Took it back to have them fix it. They ended up trying to tell us it was our fault for not checking it.... right.. Back to new alright.

Old 03-30-2006 | 12:49 AM
|
Pro Rider

Fastfatboy,
Don't worry, I'm still a Kawi man...in fact, I bought a TP700 today to replace the Killer Bee! (more on that in another thread).

Thanx for the compliments tho!

Old 03-30-2006 | 12:51 AM
Pro Rider

I still think you could turn it into a mean drag buggie[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-30-2006 | 01:00 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: MikeyBoyesq
Fastfatboy,
Don't worry, I'm still a Kawi man...in fact, I bought a TP700 today to replace the Killer Bee! (more on that in another thread).

Thanx for the compliments tho!

Twin peaks is not a KAWI it's a Suzuki LOL I take it that you can deal with a different dealer now.

Old 03-30-2006 | 10:12 AM
|
Pro Rider

Right...Once I pick up my broken quad today, I definitely won't be going back to that dealer ever again!

Old 03-30-2006 | 12:12 PM
Pro Rider

now you can wake up the 700 , are you going to out the yellow on the TP... might be interested in your blue plastic.

Old 03-30-2006 | 03:57 PM
|
Pro Rider

Thanx for asking...haven't decided yet if I'm keeping the blue on my TP or switching it out with the yellow. I like the blue color, but it seems to show scratches easily.

Old 03-30-2006 | 06:38 PM
Pro Rider

Mikey....that sucks to hear. I've was following the build up the killer bee ever since it started out. Yes DEALERS SUCK. I dont' care who hears me, they are worthless. I've spent $1200 before too and the problem was still there (my Mojave's tranny) and they wouldn't warrenty anything and...AND he put a broken ring back into my cylinder with out telling (luckly I tore it apart to make the trans work and noticed it right away, got away unscathed) donno if he did it after he put the piston in the cylinder or what but i was upset. Good luck on the Killer blue bee.....Keep the yellow and the blue plastic, best of both worlds [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] thanks for a post to let me vent