Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

BF 750 Problem... need advice

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2006, 12:16 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BF 750 Problem... need advice

Did some riding today in very deep water. The machine took some in and shut down. Would not turn over, pulled plugs hit start till no more miosture was present, then drained carbs. Oil was white from water, so I changed the oil. The only engine oil I could find was 10w40 klotz synthetic motorcycle oil, so I used it. Would this harm the engine? I appeared to run fine.
Then I hit some more deep water and the motor took in more water. Pulled plugs drained carbs. Engine oil was still white in color. I ran the machine for about 4 more miles when it shut down and blow white smoke (oil) out the exhaust. It started back up but still blew smoke. Got home and it seemed to run alright while driving it in the garage, the smoke out the exhaust was slowly going away.

What would have caused the white smoke and the stalling?? Did I bust a ring or valve seal??? If so why is the smoke slowly going away??

Any advice would be great.
THanks

Old 05-21-2006, 01:18 AM
Pro Rider

sounds like too much water in the motor and it puked back into the airbox which would cause the smoke (hopefully its not rings or anything) go buy a gallon of marvel mystery oil and rotate back and forth between marvel and regular oil rinsing out your filter with diesel. repeat untill oil is clean then put a new filter a little marvel mystery oil and then fill with oil. ride it for an hour or 2 then change with a new filter one more time and run straight oil. in the condition you were talking about any oil will work. I use quakerstate 4x4 full synthetic in my motor.

Old 05-21-2006, 02:42 AM
Range Rover

Make sure you don't neglect the differentials. They tend to take in water and if you don't make an effort to clean them out the fluids may not get changed out before a problem arises.

Old 05-21-2006, 08:12 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

You only changed the oil once??? If you took in water, you need to get it all out! It takes on average about 5 oil changes to do this. You literally need to change the oil, run it for a couple minutes, change the oil, run it a couple minutes, change the oil.................. As for the diff, i run water all the time, the diffs are sealed up very well on newer quads, otherwise, you would have to change the fluid every time you rode!!! If you go on a trip and dont encounter water, your doing something wrong. Ive changed mine once, and that was just to switch it to Amsoil synthetic gear oil, and ive checked it about every 150 miles, and no signs of water. And trust me, i LOOK for water to go through! But MadLt is correct, you should at least check to make sure periodically to avoid future problems.