Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Clutch Adjustment

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2006, 02:34 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch Adjustment

Hello:

I have a 93 Bayou 300 4x4. I was wondering if anyone can tell me how to adjust the clutch. I don't have a manual right now, and no money to get one. My clutch slips a little at low RPM's and I want to try adjusting it. Please help.

Thanks
Jack

Old 06-22-2006, 01:20 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK, I think I found the answer ... sort of...

I did a search in the fourms and found that this topic has been covered many times. I figured out that the top screw and nut adjust the clutch, but what the heck does the bottom screw and not adjustment do??? I losened it up and played with it for a few minutes... and it did'nt seem to do anything!!! I did notice that this thing has much better pulling power now that I adjusted the clutch. Also, the clutch adj. nut was loose when I pulled off the cover!!! I just wonder how long it was like that...

Thanks
Jack

Old 06-22-2006, 04:10 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

your Bayou has a multi - disc clutch that is actuated by the gear shift foot lever when you push down or pull up the foot lever there's a linkage that's attached between the foot lever and the clutch and disengauge's the clutch to change gear's. So when you remove the cover to get to the clutch adjustment loclnut and ajuster screw, and lossen the locknut you turn the adjuster screw you are ajusting the linkage between the clutch and foot lever; that how it work's ! Now for the adjustment , lossen the locknut and turn the adjuster screw clockwise untill it get's hard to turn ; then turn adjuster counter clockwise untill you feel resistance to turning is felt. then hold screw in position and tighten the locknut. Install the cover and check clutch adjust-ment by shifting gear's with engine ildling. Engine shouldn't die when changing the gear's This is really a simi - automatic transmission only you deside when to shift the gears yourself ! Because it work's like an hydrolic clutch, that's why it's called a wet sump the engine oil bath's the clutches and lubricates the engine and clutch. This extend's the life of the clutch's.......hope i didn't confuse you by the long post, good luck and may GOD Bless you....................williebee