Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

How can a prairie 650 beat a brute 750?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2006, 10:17 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How can a prairie 650 beat a brute 750?

What does it take to make a priarie 650 beat a stock brute force 750? I already have a modded pipe, snorkel, CDI, filter, jetting, and am looking to install some v-force cams, as you can see in my other post. My buddy has a stock brute, and I get tired of getting ripped on all the time. The CDI helped out alot, but I am still a good 3 lengths slower up to top speed, at which point we even out. Now just so you guys know, I am not looking to bore and stroke this thing until she blows up. Any other ideas? Also any jetting tips to get my machine just right? Your guys' expertise in is need, thanks.

Old 06-29-2006, 10:31 AM
Range Rover

Well apparently I can't post my other thread under a new topic, so I will ask here. Is anyone looking to sell any stock v-force cams in good condition?

Old 06-29-2006, 11:28 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

Maybe you should call Micky dunlap at Four stroke tech.
It's obvious that you need expert advise from someone. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-29-2006, 11:41 AM
Pro Rider

You need to do some clutch work. Go to Kawie riders and look for Jim or VForceJohn and tell them your situation. YOu can send them your clutch and they will do everything for you for a couple hundred bucks depending on how much you get done.

Try throwing an EPI Gold Primary spring in there and see where you are. They cost like $20. The sotck P650 springs are suppose to be pretty crappy.

Old 06-29-2006, 12:21 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've got 3 little letters for ya, NOS. Don't think "I'll blow my motor!" Most of the systems that are out today are safe and reliable as long as they are installed right and you don't get greedy and try to run a 30 or 35 shot on a stock motor. I've had mine for almost a year with no trouble running mostly a 25 shot on stock pistons. Get the boondocker kit, hide the bottle and make your buddie say "What the hell happened!". They cost about $600 which may sound high but you can easily spend that before you know it on other mods that don't produce near the hp gain. Plus you can take out the bottle and still have a good trail cruiser as well. Just my 2 cents.

Old 06-29-2006, 06:48 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: FASTFATBOY
I've got 3 little letters for ya, NOS. Don't think "I'll blow my motor!" Most of the systems that are out today are safe and reliable as long as they are installed right and you don't get greedy and try to run a 30 or 35 shot on a stock motor. I've had mine for almost a year with no trouble running mostly a 25 shot on stock pistons. Get the boondocker kit, hide the bottle and make your buddie say "What the hell happened!". They cost about $600 which may sound high but you can easily spend that before you know it on other mods that don't produce near the hp gain. Plus you can take out the bottle and still have a good trail cruiser as well. Just my 2 cents.
How long does 1 "shot " last? I mean does it have to clear itself from the system or ...? Also can you nail it from a dead stop or must you be at or near full rpm to gas it?
Thanks
Chris

Old 06-29-2006, 09:50 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

With the boondocker system, if your on the button it's spraying. Meaning if you bump the button you get a tiny amount of spray. If you stay on the button then the spray keeps coming. You have to be at wide open throttle to hit the spray but you don't have to be at a super high rpm. Meaning yes you can spray as soon as you leave the line as long as your at wide open throttle, I do it all the time. When racing you need to let off the spray slightly before you let off of the throttle. You don't want to have extra nitrous being pulled in without the extra fuel, that will lean out your motor which is the major cause of damage when using nos. The boondocker system uses pressure from the bottle to pressurize your carbs which forces out more fuel to burn with the nitrous. You will more than likely have to jet up a little but not so much that you bike runs bad when not spraying. The kits are easy to install and will only take you an hour or two if you have any knowledge of your bike at all. I know it's a long post but I hope I answered your questions.

Old 06-29-2006, 11:27 PM
Pro Rider

Yes it did... thanks.

Old 06-30-2006, 11:47 AM
Pro Rider

call Four Stroke Tech,

Here a vid of a FST BBK in a 650 racing a piped, jetted brute in the final race at the Maine races last year.

P650 is blue. Notice the late start of the P650.

race

Old 06-30-2006, 04:10 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I can beat a stock brute 750, but not a modded one[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: How can a prairie 650 beat a brute 750?