Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Dealership made me "MAD" on service recall

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2006, 03:24 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dealership made me "MAD" on service recall

I finally broke loose of my Prairie long enough to let the dealer install the recall on the front end struts. The first thing that grabs my goat is why is it they never have the decency to call you when the job is complete. Anyway I get the bike home and it looks ok at first glance but, being a mechanic myself I decided to check up on there work a little before I take it out for a romp in the woods. I took the wheels off and inspected the brakes and uh oh I find that part of the hardware is left loose and or missing. Not from the strut assy. but from all the plastic guarding under the fenders. I don't know about you, but things like that **** me off. (finish what you start) It's Sunday they are closed and arguing with idiots is not my idea of fun anyway. I had some extra hardware so I fixed it myself. I took it for a test ride and it did not feel like my bike at all. So back to the garage for more evaluation. Low and behold the Idiot that put it back together set my toe about an inch off. Again I fixed it and now I'm ready to go.

The point I'm making is that I absolutly hate taking anything to a dealership and giving them something I know they are going to sc#@w up. If you have to take it to them do yourself a favor and check it over very closley when you get it back. It does not take a mechanic to see missing or loose hardware. Yes I will talk to the dealership about there stupidity but I might as well go talk to the rock behind my house I'm sure there inteligence is about the same.

Another thing, I wish they would use the proper tools to do their work I hate getting my bike back with rounded nuts and fastners because the mechanic is to cheap to buy the right tool to do his job!

Sorry to run on about this,
"MAD MUD"

Old 07-17-2006, 07:49 AM
Pro Rider

I have to agree with you 100%. I hear that there is some good dealership mechanic's But I have not found them in this aera. Hey any good mechanic's want to move to Vegas? You would problbly make A killing here.

Old 07-17-2006, 10:36 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Being retired is a hoot!

Sorry to hear about your bad service from your dealership. Maybe you could post the name of that place to help others that may be considering using them.

I have been fortunate to have a dealership that is easy to work with and does good work. Service has been excellent. Place is Renton Motor Cycle in Renton Washington.

Old 07-17-2006, 10:57 AM
CWG
Pro Rider

Sounds like Norris in Medina....

morons, I paid fifty bucks for an "inspection"
On the list...was, "bent front rim" no fooling, I had used a sharpy marker to write "bent" on the rim so I wouldn't forget which one was bent (too many things with wheels in my garage)
next on the list was "diff lever not working"............thanks, a half a pint of fluid and now it works.....
"clutch noisey"...........yeah, they all are, but the best part was when it was a week old I took it back saying.."um, the clutch area seems to be making a lot of noise"

yeah thats normal, the same guy who wrote up the report was the same head mech that told me that in the first place.

bottom line? learn how to work on your stuff......or dont be surprized when you find french fries in your crank case, cause thats his other job.

Old 07-17-2006, 11:33 AM
Pro Rider

I took my Prairie in for the recall about 5 months ago to a stealership about 45 miles from here. They did the recall in a timely mannor, but after closer inspection, i had BLUE paint splatters, not over spray but splatters all over my quad. Alot of washing got most of it, but i have atleast 50 blue spots on my seat and several all over the bike. It looks like someone droped a can of paint next to my bike and it shot up in the air and all over my quad. I dont know whay i didnt notice this be fore i left but there is not much i can do about it now.

please look you bike over very close before leaving. Ride it and make sure its the same and should be better than when you brought it in to be worked on. If i am going to charge 70$ an hour to do a jod, then i better do a damn nice job.

Old 07-17-2006, 09:10 PM
Trailblazer

I took my bike in for recall.Had someone else pick it up when i went to ride my bars were at8&2 to go straight. The next closest dealer is 200 miles away,so when i bought my mule i bought it with out a service con tract and the dealer was pissed o-well .I wasnt spending $700 on something my dealer will screw up

Old 07-21-2006, 11:57 PM
Pro Rider

I have calmed down a little from my MAD but I still have to take my wifes prairie in for the same recall and I am dreading it. There is another Kawasaki dealership about an hour and a half away but I don't know which is the worst of the two evils. I suppose I will just talk to the rock and his McDonalds mechanic and see what comes of it. I'm sure the same results will happen.

"Hey" think I could get them to sign a waiver that states they will pay me to fix all there incompencies when they finish. Yea Right LoL

Mud

p.s. the dealership I am refering to is Seneca Kawasaki in Oconee County SC.