Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Same price 650i or 750i...which one? UPDATE..I picked one.

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2006, 02:06 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Same price 650i or 750i...which one?

i.m getting about 80 miles on a tank of 92 octaine.and now have 4120 miles on the 750 .only proplem so far was one rear seal .kawie fixed for free.great atvs

Old 08-18-2006, 10:21 AM
Pro Rider

kernel, it sounds like you have something wrong. i think the choke on the kawis is engaged by the cable, and returned by spring pressure (to "open" position). maybe one of your chokes is sticking? how is your power? is your jetting set right?
mine will get 80 miles/tank (without removing the white tube in the tank) on a mix of gravel road and steep and slow low range trails. maybe more but i haven't ran it dry yet.

monty

Old 08-19-2006, 02:13 AM
Range Rover

Ha, lol the power if phenomenal. I have engaged and disengaged the choke and i believe it is fully opening. Another point though, it does seem im slowly getting better mileage with more breakin. I am currently at about 250miles on it. Jetting is one thing im not familiar enough with doing. I may call bubba at my dealership, yes thats his name lol, and ask him about it.

Old 08-19-2006, 10:23 AM
Pro Rider

here is a quick and dirty method of checking your jetting. just pull your spark plugs and compare them to the chart in the link below. white or light porcelin on the business end means lean, black or very dark plugs mean too rich or oil comtamination. this is not the absolute best way to check jetting, but it is about the best way most of have to do it.

http://www.dansmc.com/Spark_Plugs/Sp...s_catalog.html

monty

Old 08-21-2006, 09:19 PM
Weekend Warrior

thought I would update everyone.....

I bought the BF 750i. It just seemed like too good of a deal, and the dealer answered a few questions for me that made me feel better about that choice. I asked him what differences there were between the 05 and the 07. Specifically, chasis differences, steering, power, ect. He told me that he did a little research and stated that the 07 650i and the 07 750 had the same chasis....he confirmed that by checking the part numbers on the 05 750 and the 07 750. They were different.

I don't know if that is true, but the guy is pretty knowledgeable and and has been selling/riding these things/Kawasakis for about 30yrs.

I can tell you from my own experience between the 650 SRA w/Moose CDI and the 750i, that the handeling on the 750 is much better, and much, much easier to steer. The power was also quite a bit differnce. I realize the 650i and 650SRA do not have the same power, but even with the moose, the 650 SRA was not even close to my stock 750.

I haven't had that much fun on a 4 wheeler sense I sold my old 87 Yam 350 Warrior. Going up hills was unreal. I did not get into the 750 all the way, as per break in instructions, but even short bursts of the throttle were very satisfying. The handeling was very, very responsive, infact the steering was just a bit too easy at times. I'm used to full time 4 wheel drive models, and even a newer Kodiak, but the steering of the 750 was effortless. I can see absolutely no need for a power steering in the case of the 07 Grizz.

My FIL just bought a 06 Rhino and we used the dealers trailer to pull both new machines up to the cabin, as both our trailers were already up there. The Yam dealer was kind of a d**K to me, even though I have always been a Yam guy, and my in-laws had just dropped 11k on the Rhino, and a Kodiak a few years ago. He won't be getting any of my future buisness. What an idiot. He was trying to make me feel bad about my purchase, saying that the Grizz would have power steering. He figured I didn't know that. I told him that most reviews spoke highly of the new feature, but I didn't see the need, and wanted more power than the Grizz.

A few more observations about my new 750......

It had a minor fumble in the exhaust at speeds between 5-25mph, and only when NOT under a load. As soon as I was going up a hill, or as speeds from 25 and up, there was just smooth purring. It wasn't in the engine itself, but more in the exhaust. It back/after fired once gong down a hill after picking up quite a bit of speed and letting the engine brake slow me down. It was a pretty good "Bang" out of the exhaust. I imagine it is running a bit rich for the altitude we were at.....7700-8500ft. The minor fumbling was just every now and then, and also present in my FIL's 650SRA. His has about 250 miles on it now and is much quieter than my previous ride on it. I hope my 750 also quiets down in the trany department. Lots of whine at the moment.

I was very impressed with the ride of the 750. I went up some pretty rocky, steep trails at good speed, and was surprised how good the ride was, and how it handled in the curves of the trail. Wash boarded roads were only present in the handle bars, with a minor shimmy. Like I said before, the steering was very, very easy. My FIL was pissed at how much easier it was to steer than his 650. I did feel/and know of course, that the center of gravity was a bit higher than his 650 and could tell it in the corners just a bit, but not enough for me to want a 650i.

My moose chip should be here on Tues, but I'll have to wait to put it in for a coulpe of weeks. I can't go back to the cabin for two weeks, and I left my Brute up there, but that's the way it is with $3 gas.

Thank you for all the responses, although it didn't make my decision eany easier, and infact kept me up Friday night/hadn't ridden the 750 yet, thinking I made the wrong choice, but I'm very, very happy with my 750 so far.

ETA: Forgot to say that the camo paint sceme may not be everybody's choice, but it was the dryest I've seen on the mountain this weekend, extreamly dusty, and it never looked dirty. All of the other ATV's were covered in dirt, and looked it. The Max-1 cammo didn't look even dusty. The only part that you could tell was dirty was the dash. Even the wheels, which always are covered in powdery dust, looked somewhat clean. When I washed it off this morning, before I left, I could hardly tell it was any different.

I'm a neat freak, and hate riding a dirty rig. This cammo paint is absolutely great. I don't have to worry about scratches, ect. Dang cool. Even my MIL said her next rig would be cammo, after watching me wash mine.