Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Few Things

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2006, 01:22 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Few Things

Hello all, I just bought an 06 Kawi BF 750 and had a few questions. It has about 150 miles on it now and is working great. I noticed a milky type liquid coming out of a breather hose under the handlebars. I didn't have enough time to check into it and I am at work for the next week so I was wondering if someone could let me know what thats about.

Also I have been running 87 octane fuel and I read on here it should be premium. What kind of damage would that do?

I am thinking about a moose power module. Is it worth the bucks?

Any help will be appreciated as this is my first ATV.

Thanks

Old 09-11-2006, 05:03 PM
Pro Rider
Default Few Things

Milky Liquid
If it feels like oil/water mixture, it is probably from either front or rear gear case vent/breather tube. You may want to drain either one and find out what's inside. This is typical if water got in there and now over-heated. The liquid expansion would push out the oil/mixture out by the handlebar area - that's where a few breather tubes end up.

Octane Rating
Read your owner's manual about required minimum octane rating - 87 is fine. Don't always go by what people say here.

Aftermarke power module
The way they make more power is by chaning the timing curve - advancing so that ignition occcurs earlier than the factory igniter would fire up the spark plugs, way before the piston reaches TDC (pistons are not very happy about this). The timing advancing is usually accomplished by sending a false vehicle speed to the igniter. I have not seen too many but seen a few guys complaining about 4WD not working and/or dash meter speedo displaying higher than actual.

Old 09-18-2006, 07:05 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Few Things

Thanks Hayashi,

I was able to have a look this weekend and some water must have gotten in teh front diff. The rear was fine. Is this common? I ride with a Suzuki, honda, and bomber and they were all fine. Is there something more I should look into?

Old 09-18-2006, 08:02 PM
Pro Rider
Default Few Things

Front Diff Water intrusion...
How deep did you submerge your quad? If it was up to the handlebar, that would do it and technically there is nothing wrong with your quad. If not, then there is a leak into the front gear case where it is not supposed to be. I would check cv-axle seals to the gear case, 2/4wd actuator seal, front propeller shaft seal, etc. By the way, make sure to drain/refill the front diff gear case with 10-40 engine oil, preferably synth.
Good Luck.

Old 10-05-2006, 01:39 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Few Things

MY dealer has a pretty good mechanic there so I gave him a call. He said it is verry uncommon for the diff to fill with water. The seals are fine as there is no oil leaking out. The breather hose is fine. So he said that sometimes when the diff gets hot due to use then the rider takes er in some cold water it can create a vaccuum which will draw water into the diff. That is exactly what I was doing so maybe he is right.

Also I have heard that there is some trouble with the wiring on the 05 750. Something to do with corrosion causing the rad fan not to work. Did they fix this for 06 or is there something I should look into.

THanks

Old 10-05-2006, 01:12 PM
Pro Rider
Default Few Things

Water inf Front Diff.
Your mechanic's theory is just like how water getd into trailer wheel hub bearing area. Vacuum (or less pressure than ambient) sucking in water. However, still, there has to be some kinf of opening or leaking seal for the water to intrude. If everything is tight, water can't come in.

Wiring Issue.
It is the BUSS connector that's having electrolysis corrosion. I heard early 06 750s still have the same old set up and could have this trouble (but later production units are fixed). To check out, you need to remove the rear fender and find that well "hidden" connector taped to the main wiring harness near the right upper frame tube just front of the gasl cap. It is a flat white plastic joint connector about a size of match book. See, if both brown and white wires going in there (old type).