Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Black secondary spring

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2006, 12:53 AM
Zen
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Black secondary spring

I installed a black highlifter spring on my secondary drive, I bought the wheeler with the spring, the guy never got to install it. He said that he bought it because he was turning bigger wheels, which I got w/the wheeler too. And he also said its better to have it for plowing. I also have a problem with tapping comming from my converter system when I go downhill. That is a whole other topic that I posted. Anyway the way this ties in is, what type of spring is the black spring. I know different colors mean different things. Well I also tore apppart the converters and found the tapping is coming from the primary. It seems that the spring in the primary is too compressed, it is real easy to push the spider in. I also shook around the drive and its the exact sound a I heard. Thats how loose the spring really is. Is there a spring for the primary drive that is stronger, or a primary spring I should have replaced when I replaced the secondary? I'm not looking for more speed, Im looking for more duribility, and maybe tourque. Also I was pulling out some bushes and the belt was slipping a little. The pullies have a grey tint to them, they are still mirror smooth but a little tinted. Is there a way to clean them or should I leave them as is? One other thing, I have'nt been riding for about two weeks and befor I tore down the converter I started it. It started to crank and the cranking stopped like it hit a brick wall. I left it sit for awhile, and tried it again, this time it cranked normally. When I started it to pull it into the garage, It happened again. I thought the battery was low, but that was'nt the problem. I really think its the starter. I had a outboard motor that did the same thing, I would tap the starter with a hammer, and the problem was solved. That was then and this this is now, I'm not about to hit my wheeler's starter, input please. Its a 02 prarie 650