Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

CDI VDI MODULE?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2006, 01:34 AM
Zen
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CDI VDI MODULE?

I a moose mod on my 650 prarie, looking at a DG5 that is selling cheap. Am I waisting money? Is the DG5 going to give any more low end power? Will a cdi or vdi give me more low end power then a mod. Also if I buy a dg snorkle, is it the same as putting on the napa pipe mod? Also is a snorkle that rises above the quad any different then the dg snorkle. I would like to get a snorkle that rises above the quad for the romp in deep water/mud. will it be ok for regular trail riding as well? What company has the best snorkle, and the cheapest?

Old 10-06-2006, 10:26 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default CDI VDI MODULE?

1. Yes, if you already have a moose then the dg5 will not do any different.
2. No, same low end.
3. No, not more low end but same low end more in middle and on top and the vdi is a cdi.
4. Yes, it think they will give you about the same air flow.
5. Yes, the majority of the snorkles you are refering to are homemade expecially for deep mud and water.
6. Yea it should be alright provided you are properly jetted and don't mind having something sticking up from your ride.
7. Don't know try Highlifter and be prepared to spend some money for a custom snorkle unless you do it yourself.

Old 10-06-2006, 10:41 AM
Zen
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CDI VDI MODULE?

FFBoy, how does the snorkel differ from the stock one? DG sells them, but 59.00 for a piece of plastic?????And where does it fit? there's not much room where the present factory snorkel is...

Old 10-06-2006, 07:15 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default CDI VDI MODULE?

The dg snorkle has a larger diameter then the stock one for increased air flow. It goes in the stock location but I know some guys drill another hole in the airbox and installing it so the have 2 snorkles, that's what I would do if I were doing this mod. Yea $59 is a little high for my taste too. I think that's why the the NAPA hose mod was so popular. I personnaly don't go in real deep water or mud. Nothing over about 2 foot if that for me so I just run with no airbox lid. I haven't had any trouble but don't recommend that if your a big mud guy. Although I did see a guy at mud nationals last year on a 700 running with no lid. The best I remember he won the sra competion. You'll be supprised how well a properly maintained K&N with an outerwear will work.