Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Newbe to the site - Question about Kawasaki ATVs

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2006, 08:31 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbe to the site - Question about Kawasaki ATVs

Newbe here but have spent quit a bit of time looking around and viewing the different forums.
Looks like the Kawasaki forum has the most posts. Is this an indicator that they are the most popular ATV and if so can you help me understand why. Trying to make a informed decision on which brand to buy. Just started my research when I notice the differences in number of posts between brands.
Colorado mountain riding for pleasure.
Thanks,
Bob

Old 10-12-2006, 09:02 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Being retired is a hoot!

Welcome to the Forum there funkyb.

Could be your onto something about the number of posts. Course could be that chatty people just happen to buy Kawasakis. Or the Kawis are broke down so much the riders have to find something to do. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Don't really have an answer for why the post count or if Kawasakis are the most popular ATV.

I would suggest you go to a lot of dealerships and set on the various brands and models of each. Decide what is important to you in the way of speed, mudding, trail, road or whatever riding. Get in touch with a local club and tag along on a ride or two. Chances are you will find folks are willing to let you take short rides on various quads so you can get an idea what you want and enjoy. Good luck in your search.

Old 10-12-2006, 09:57 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would say most people come on the forum to help others with questions and to find info about their model machine. If you are pleasure riding in the mountains I would suggest you check out the 650i or 750 Brute Force. Both machines have a comfortable ride, good trail manners, and a ton of torque and power from that Kawi V twin. The versitility of these and other machines like the 650-700 prairie are another reason why alot of people come to this forum. People use their atvs for everything like hard work, pleasure riding, sled pulling, drag racing, and cross country racing. With machines this versital there is alot of knowledge that can be gained by talking to a wide variety of owners to help you set up you atv for your style of riding.

Old 10-12-2006, 10:48 PM
Weekend Warrior

tencubed,
Thanks for the response. I have been visiting all the dealership close at hand, which is all except AC. I have been back a couple of times to each as I read the literature and gather questions. Very good idea. I have a couple friends with Can-am that have invited me to tag along and use one of their machines. Think we will be heading out this week-end.

fastfatboy,
Thanks too for the good advice. I'll continue to talk to various owners and gather as much information as possible. Most likely drive myself crazy, get a little **** when it comes to this type of decision making. Trying to choose the best unit for me and get the best bang for the buck can get difficult.
Bob

Old 10-13-2006, 12:04 AM
Trailblazer

Welcome Funkyb,

Try to take several different models for a ride. I just got a new 2006 Prairie 700 for my wife for $5,600. I liked the Can-Am's I just did'nt like the price.
The 800 Outlander was the model I was looking at and it was over $9,000. I know the Kawi's give you a great return of performance and reliability for the price. Good Luck[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Irish

Old 10-13-2006, 10:26 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: wildirishman
Welcome Funkyb,

I know the Kawi's give you a great return of performance and reliability for the price. Good Luck[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Irish
Irish,
I have found a few 2006 left overs here in Colorado as well. Also found, with all my looking, that the Kaw's are a lot of bang for the buck. Rode Kawasaki dirt bikes for years. Know how reliable they are. Keep them in good shape and there is always a buyer for them.
Bob

Old 10-13-2006, 12:22 PM
Trailblazer

Funkyb,

I know I am probably biased, as I am on my second Kawi ATV. But if you ride everything out there, you will be amazed at how strong the Kawi V-twins actually are. Makes a Honda look like a tractor.

Old 10-13-2006, 03:40 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Being retired is a hoot!

I'm going to throw in another thought for you here. Depending on the type of riding you will be doing you may or may not want the extra power of the big twins. The 360 I ride is used a lot for work and I also enjoy riding trails with some other older, and slower riding, fellows. I have no need for the extra power of the bigger quad and enjoy the lighter weight and maneuverability of the 360. Top speed on mine, measured by GPS, is around 40 MPH but I have a large cargo box full of junk on it. Most 360's are a few MPH faster but not much. The air cooled motor is a little louder to be around but has a lot less problems with overheating from what I have read here and elsewhere. This seems to be generally true with all the brands.

I sat on a few of the new big quads at some dealerships recently and decided to keep the 360 as the others were just too big for my needs.

I would suggest you try riding the smaller machines if they would be capable of doing what you want.

Old 10-15-2006, 01:58 PM
TTP
Range Rover

The 650i has a more powerful, harder hitting
engine than the 750i. This is due to higher compression,
straighter intake tracts and higher performance cams vs the 750i.

Old 10-15-2006, 02:11 PM
TTP
Range Rover

Originally posted by: funkyb
Newbe here but have spent quit a bit of time looking around and viewing the different forums.
Looks like the Kawasaki forum has the most posts. Is this an indicator that they are the most popular ATV and if so can you help me understand why. Trying to make a informed decision on which brand to buy. Just started my research when I notice the differences in number of posts between brands.
Colorado mountain riding for pleasure.
Thanks,
Bob

Actually, if you look at the topics,,Yamaha has the most with Polaris next.
Kawasaki has over 20,000 topics posted.
I have looked around for other forums and have to agree this one
is the most active.
I would have to say the ATV Connection Forum is the best of the bunch!!

Brand Discussions - Click on any of the topics below to join the discussion.

Arctic Cat
Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.
Topics: 6,649

CAN-AM (BRP)
Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.
Topics: 18,841

Honda
Discussions about Honda ATVs.
Topics: 34,914

Kawasaki
Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.
Topics: 20,829