Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Polaris duel

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2006, 07:14 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Polaris duel

I did a search and to my surprise, I found nothing here about Polaris Duel. You guys are alright. I am putting up the same post in all the forums. I feel guilty of being the first one to mention it. Anyway here it goes!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At first, I thought, yeah man, do a duel If you believe in your product, than get on it and ride! Then I found out that they are all old. I sometimes ride with a 55 yr old, I would not want him to represent Polaris. I said it before on the Polaris forum, Tiller looks like a red blooded Ameican that enjoys the outdoors! The others,....Obviously not. I guess this would be like the Japs offering a duel to all CEO's, of any product line, to see who makes the most profit in a give time. Obviously we would lose we don't make our 10 yr kids work in sweat shops!

I just wanted you all to know that, not all Polaris owners think that this is a good idea. Put ANYBODY on the quad, then I'd change my mind! I don't read the mags, I wouldn't believe them, even if they said my brand (Polaris in my case) is the best bang for the buck. Sure, that tickles my ears, but I know it isn't true.

I do believe that it is the best for what I do, which is deep mudholes. If I was into Utlity Harescrambles, I wouldn't want a heavy Polaris. If I were into LONG trail rides, I wouldnt want the Sp 800 @ 11 MPG and a 4.1 gal tank. I am, not afraid to point out the bad areas of my quad. The bad areas(heavy,slow,and price) don't bother me. It is a Utility, I want a beefy quad, I don't race it, speed is not a concern for me, and the price is because of all these quads are in the "PAY ME NOW OR PAY ME LATER" way of thinking. Polaris is more $ up front, but the repair parts are not as much as others,part for part. The Japs make more of a margin on parts, to make up a loss of margin on initial sales!

We all have different needs in a quad! There is a guy on Polaris putting 28" tires on a Scrammy. Initially this sounds like it is not the best setup. For all I know, maybe he just wants to have some mud fun at a fraction of the cost, If this is the case, than what he is doing IS the best thing for him, he already has the quad, why buy another, he is keeping the cost down and muddin' at the same time!

Sorry to get so long winded, It just p!sses me off when bashing takes place, almost everyone thinks, if you ride something different then you are a moron! I think if you bash something different, YOU are the moron!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am still amased, I thought Polaris owners were the only ones that typically didn't bash. I might hang out in here, I enjoy being around civil adults!

Old 10-22-2006, 09:40 AM
Pro Rider
Doesn't care what people ride as long as they can keep up!
Default Polaris duel

I think it will be cool. It's about time someone in one of these companies does something besides count their cash.
Although I can already see alot of whining and crying going to start in all the forums. No matter what, something will be not fair.

My point of view.......why wouldn't Polaris win almost all of the competitions?????They have the best stock tires and AWD. That means better mudding, better holeshot, etc, etc......

Old 10-23-2006, 01:31 AM
TTP
Range Rover
Default Polaris duel

I don't think anybody has responded yet except for Yamaha which
has declined participating in the Duel.
The deadline for responding is to be Oct 24.

It could be a solo Duel..Polaris vs Polaris![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 10-24-2006, 12:12 PM
Pro Rider
Default Polaris duel

I bet Polaris would win! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I just hope that the next thing that we hear is not how everyone was afraid to "Put up or shut up!." That would p!ss me off and I AM a polaris owner!

Old 10-24-2006, 05:16 PM
Pro Rider
Default Polaris duel

Im confused, haha surprise there right. I've been out of the loop for a while but what is this duel you speak of? Polaris vs all the rest and vice-versa? I wouldn't belive that unless a group of people on this forum got togather to do it. The mags are all about placing whatever quad's company put up the most money that month. And look at the ski-doo/bomb/oops I mean Can-am commercials. They are the best. And if you look on the internet you might come across a polaris duel where polaris beats all the rest. The only way for it to work if I'm not talking outta my a$$ here, is for an unbiased group/orginazation to do it. Sorry I'm long winded sometimes.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 10-24-2006, 05:42 PM
Trailblazer
Default Polaris duel

it all sounds stupid! the best in shape old guy will win on any of the brands he rides except top speed runs

Old 10-25-2006, 10:14 PM
TTP
Range Rover
Default Polaris duel

Nobody responded so the Duel is a no go.

Old 10-26-2006, 04:46 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Polaris duel

Originally posted by: TTP
Nobody responded so the Duel is a no go.
Hey TTP, since you have both the bf650 and the 800 stealth, which one do you like better and why? Can you comment on the following?

Top speed
Quicker
Slow handling
Fast handling
Ride
Comfort
4wd
Mudding
Trail riding

Thanks for any feed back.

Old 10-26-2006, 05:35 AM
Range Rover
Default Polaris duel

Woe Instigator, I'm brand new to this forum and I understand your frustration.. Don't take it so seriously, life is to short. The important fact is that you ride, what you ride doesn't mean S___ ! I love my hopped up Kawi 700/800 and enjoy all my friends quads too. This includes a Predator 500, hopped-up Suzuki 440, new Raptor 700, new Suzuki 450R, hopped YFZ450 & a good old fashioned hopped Banshee... Now that's a great time. Don't think were not competetive, because we are, but we support each other in the journey. Last week we were out at Dumont Sand Dunes in Ca. I had the pleasure of running my hopped up KFX700 against a Polaris Predator with a 550 gig bore, cams, jets, pipe. We ran competionion hill at night (beautiful) neck and neck from bottom to top; a great race, probably the best race I've had in a while (I useually win). At the bottom there was a shared laugh and a complimetary "great race". Just enjoy the ride !!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-26-2006, 09:33 AM
Pro Rider
Doesn't care what people ride as long as they can keep up!
Default Polaris duel

What a waste of time now. Maybe that stupid banner will go away now. The site has been slower since there has been two flashing Polaris duel banners.

Quick Reply: Polaris duel