Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Does a Dynateck hurt the ATV

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2007, 07:51 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Does a Dynateck hurt the ATV

Originally posted by: FASTFATBOY
If you want to rejet you can but at best you'll only get another 1/2 to 1hp out of it. As far as fuel you can run cheap pump gas if you want. I'm not saying it's right or wrong but I always try to run premium. I don't remember if it's in the manual or under the seat but I could swear I saw where they recommended 90 octain or better. Don't get me wrong mines had more than a few gallons of the cheap stuff but if I have a choice I try to run premium.
There's no benefit to running higher octane unless you have the dynamic compression that requires it. Piston compression ratio, stroke length, porting, timing, and many things can affect that octane requirement. But if the engine doesn't need the extra octane, you're throwing money away and possibly even hindering performance.

As for the manual calling for 90 octane or more I'll check into it. I'd bet dollars to donuts it's not that high (the banshee is 91) but I'm willing to concede the possibility.

If there's anyone who's experienced pre-detonation/pinging with regular pump gas (85-87 octane) on a v-twin with a dyna I'd like to hear about it. Thanks.

Old 01-11-2007, 09:15 PM
2TV
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I always ran regular in my Dynatek equipped 750, never had a problem (associated with the fuel) or heard any pinging...

Old 01-12-2007, 10:44 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by: maddog56
Originally posted by: FASTFATBOY
If you want to rejet you can but at best you'll only get another 1/2 to 1hp out of it. As far as fuel you can run cheap pump gas if you want. I'm not saying it's right or wrong but I always try to run premium. I don't remember if it's in the manual or under the seat but I could swear I saw where they recommended 90 octain or better. Don't get me wrong mines had more than a few gallons of the cheap stuff but if I have a choice I try to run premium.
There's no benefit to running higher octane unless you have the dynamic compression that requires it. Piston compression ratio, stroke length, porting, timing, and many things can affect that octane requirement. But if the engine doesn't need the extra octane, you're throwing money away and possibly even hindering performance.

As for the manual calling for 90 octane or more I'll check into it. I'd bet dollars to donuts it's not that high (the banshee is 91) but I'm willing to concede the possibility.

If there's anyone who's experienced pre-detonation/pinging with regular pump gas (85-87 octane) on a v-twin with a dyna I'd like to hear about it. Thanks.
I also used to use nitrous which is the main reason I always tried to run premium. I never ran 87 octane while I was spraying for fear of predetionation and burning it down. I also never liked having to siphon 2 gallons of the cheap stuff out so I could fill it up and have a little more peace of mind while on the bottle. I didn't say it's right or it's wrong it's just what I chose to do.

Old 01-12-2007, 05:48 PM
Trailblazer

The dyna WILL hurt your ATV! The wheelies will scratch up your rear cargo rack. The dyna is great, worth every penny.

Old 01-14-2007, 08:46 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: MRM650
The dyna WILL hurt your ATV! The wheelies will scratch up your rear cargo rack. The dyna is great, worth every penny.

Ain't that the truth.LOL

Old 01-22-2007, 12:07 AM
Weekend Warrior

Im upgrading a 650 sra and asked Mike Penland the same question. He said the dyna tech dose increase the chance of damage to. He recommended the moose because it allows it overides the factory settings from 0-9mph. kawi retards the bike so you dont kill yourself. I installed the moose last week and its awsome. only $99 in P/U.

Old 01-22-2007, 02:06 PM
Trailblazer

I didn't even consider a Moose module. Do you have to jet with a moose. I want to add power without having any chance of hurting the engine, and without having to do any modifications, such as jetting. Do you know if the moose adds power at the top speed, or is it just at the start.

Old 01-22-2007, 05:37 PM
Trailblazer

I ran a moose module for about a year with no problems. No jetting or other mods required. As far as the dyna hurting the motor, if you had an engine failure because of the dynatek you would be the first I've ever heard of. I have used both products and the dyna outperforms the moose in every way. If your one of those people like me who always wants just a little bit more get the dyna. If you get the moose you'll love it at first then one day you will say to yourself " I wish I had the extra power when I nailed it going 20 instead of just from the start".

Old 01-23-2007, 12:20 AM
Trailblazer

Everyone keeps saying, get the Dyna, but evryone also says that they have rejetted their quad. I do not want to rejet or do anything at all to my quad. No jet, no muff, no K&N, just plug and go. I am not very mechanically inclined, I just want more speed and power without changing anything on the engine.

Old 01-23-2007, 01:07 AM
Trailblazer

You don't have to rejet with the dyna cdi. I had to rejet mine because of the aftermarket exhaust, k&n air filter and modified airbox. Rejetting had nothing to do with the dyna. The dyna is a straight foreward install, unplug your stock cdi and plug in the dyna and ride. If you see jetting listed as a mod in someones sig it's because of other mods. You generally only rejet when you modify the intake or exhaust, drastically change elevation, or do internal motor mods like big bore kits, cams or pistons.

Quick Reply: Does a Dynateck hurt the ATV