Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

fuel injected brute force

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2007, 07:23 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fuel injected brute force

does any one know if there coming out with fuel injection this summer. for the brute. any input would be great thanks.

Old 01-16-2007, 11:03 PM
Range Rover

Nothing for sure, but thats the rummer.

Old 01-17-2007, 04:09 AM
Pro Rider

According to my local dealer no and not any time soon. Bummer!
Mud

Old 01-17-2007, 11:53 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: madmuddin1
Mud

My local dealer, which is the largest dealer in the south, said nothing until early 2008. But they did say it will be a 750efi brute with about 60hp. The dealer is Highlands Tractor and Kawasaki in Highlands, Texas and if you want to ask them, talk to Luke. He said the geometry of the IRS and front A-arms will be slightly adjusted to help the ride and control. Anyway, they usually get new information first b/c they sell by volumes.

Old 01-18-2007, 11:37 AM
Trailblazer

I think it's awesome you forwarded this info to us, but in case his boss or someone from Kawi reads these threads (highly likely), you might want to take a pass next time on mentioning anyone or any dealer by name so it cannot come back and bite the people who were doing us all a favor. Hopefully "Luke" won't lose his job for divulging any confidential information.

Old 01-18-2007, 09:29 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: 700vtwinman
Originally posted by: madmuddin1
Mud

My local dealer, which is the largest dealer in the south, said nothing until early 2008. But they did say it will be a 750efi brute with about 60hp. The dealer is Highlands Tractor and Kawasaki in Highlands, Texas and if you want to ask them, talk to Luke. He said the geometry of the IRS and front A-arms will be slightly adjusted to help the ride and control. Anyway, they usually get new information first b/c they sell by volumes.
Very trun. I didn't think about that, but since Luke is the owner's son and part owner himself, I think he is OK. But in the future, I might need to consider mentioning someones name before posting. Thanks for the good advice.

Old 01-18-2007, 10:10 PM
Range Rover

I wouldn't sweat it if I were him or the dealership. If Kawi didn't want the so called secret info out. They shouldn't have told them. I would how ever be sweating it if I were the guy from kawi that told them. That is if it is secret info.

Old 01-18-2007, 10:47 PM
Trailblazer

I'm sure Luke is off the hook. Thanks for the good info. That being said, I'm looking at a BF750 or Sportsman 800 this Spring. I like the performance of the BF and the price. I also like how it offers a locking differential. The only negatives I hear are that it has a pretty harsh suspension/steering and it is not EFI. I'm looking for something with some good zip, but won't pay the price for a CAN'T-AM, and besides I don't like the visco-lok 4x4 they got. The BF just seems to be the best blend of what I am looking for....the quickest, most price-competitive quad that has a true locking 4x4. Do you guys see anything wrong with my assessment or care to comment?

THANKS!

Old 01-19-2007, 08:35 AM
Pro Rider

i don't understand that last post. you like the performance and price of the brute, but you want EFI that would likely ruin both performance and price.

the brute costs less than compeitive EFI machines and can stomp them all except the bomb (which costs a couple thousand more)

so why is EFI better?

monty

Old 01-19-2007, 09:32 AM
Trailblazer

The advantages of EFI vs. Carb are well enough documented that I will not bother reviewing it all. This very thread was started by those who were anxiously awaiting an EFI Brute, so I guess I'm not clear on why my preference for an EFI system is such a puzzling concept to you.

That being said, I mentioned how the Brute seemed to be the best blend of what I was looking for....even without the EFI. But If I had the choice between an EFI Brute vs. a carbuerated Brute with all else being equal, I would choose the EFI....as did virtually every other consumer of engine-equipped vehicles over the past 25 years did when given the same choice.

Perhaps you are the exception who prefers the one-dimensional advantage of the carbuerator, the guy who wants to take engine mods to the hilt. As for me, I'm more of a plug n' play guy.

Quick Reply: fuel injected brute force