Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

is the brute force 750 worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2007, 04:00 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default is the brute force 750 worth it?

Right on mike! I will say they are both great bikes, the 750 just has alot more power to offer with only a moose module. the 650, you add the moose and you still have the same bike no noticible difference, so you can spend 70 bucks and have ALOT more power than the 650. one thing I dont agree with is its not a race 4x4, if you figure stock out of the box most any 750 will run 68-70mph and most stock sport quads will top out at 63-65, that means the brute will win in the long run hands down. the down side to the brutes (650i included) is the tie rods are weak, the buss connector needs cut out (unless 07 and up I believe) and stock tires are horrible. they make a great utility bike, or with mods a mudder or drag racer. IMO they are just great all around bikes, but for the best bang for the buck buy the 750, you'll never wish you had "less" power. I suggest this because you can spend 70 bucks on a moose module and you have alot more power than the 650 even dreamed of. you try to make your 650 have the juice the 750 does after the module your going to spend well over a grand.

Old 02-16-2007, 11:11 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: MikeCamp
Originally posted by: montyh
there is three horsepower difference between the 650i and 750. you will not be able to tell the difference by riding the two. we could play the "what if one has mods" game all day, but in the end, it boils down to how much money you wanna throw at your atv. a strong 650i can and will stomp a 750 that isn't tuned perfectly. i've read of the 650i beating the 650 bombs (and the other way around, too.) it is way too late to say that the 650i can't run with the 750s. that was the topic a year ago.

THERE IS NO REPLACEMENT FOR COMPRESSION (750, 8.8-1, 650i 9.9-1)

but in the end, it is what the dealer is gonna give you a deal on. get what YOU like.

monty

You're missing the point dude. The original question was pros and cons of the 750. Then a few of you guys with the 650s jump in saying how the 750 and 650 are the same in power, cheaper...etc. The bottom line is the bigger displacement=more torque. Put a 350lb person on the 650 towing a 500lb trailer and do the same on the 750 and you'll know the difference between the two.

Then you throw out "a strong 650i" will stomp a "750 that isn't tuned perfectly" ROFL - Whats that all about? So you're saying a 650i that is running perfect will beat up on a guy that's quad isn't running right. LOL

These are utility quads. They are not race quads. If you are looking to race a 4x4 quad either bruteforce quad isn't the quad for doing that. If you plan on using your utility for doing more than just trail riding such as pulling, pushing, towing...actual work.. the 750 would be my choice. It has more torque than the 650 and it doesn't have to work as hard to make the power.

And we CAN play the "what if on has mods game" -I rather mod out a quad with a bigger displacement than one with a small displacement. There is a reason aftermarket companies make "Big Bore" kits. Why? Oh yeah... to increase displacement - the "replacement for compression".

I said it before and I'll say it again. Nobody is going to buy the 750 and say "damn, I should of bought the 650"
the origional poster asked for input on the performance difference. i have read anywhere between 1.5 to three HP. what do you think that is gonna change? i bet the variation between identical machines is more than that.

there are guys out there that have both and prefer the 650i.

my point is there is not a big diff either way. there are guys runnin the 650i that regularly beat 750s (mine is probably not one of those), but if you think you have any real world advantage are dreaming. i could have bought either (same price) and IMO the camo was more important than any tiny advantage the extra ccs gain ya.

they are both great machines. i will say this again. you will not be able to tell the difference by riding them. i would happily ride either (as long as the 750 was an '07). but don't think that just because you spent the extra $$, you will be imune to getting whupped by the 650

monty

Old 02-16-2007, 01:48 PM
Trailblazer

Hold on I gotta go get my boots on... cause its gettin DEEP!

Old 02-16-2007, 02:10 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My friend who has the dealership near me told me the hp on the bf750i is 52 and the hp on the bf650i is 47 wich = 5hp difference. That doesn't sound like a whole lot, but it does slightly matter. He said if you do a jet kit on both and add an ignition module, the bf750i hp goes to about 56-59 hp depending on the machine and the module/jet kit. The bf650i hp goes up to 52-55 hp depending on the machine and the module/jet kit.

He also mention that the bf750i makes more ftlbs of torque and this is where the bigger difference, although I don't remember the numbers.

Bottom line is, I would get either one b/c they are both great quads for their respective classes. Most of that is due to what you get for the lower price. If I had to do it again and was getting either a bf750i or bf650i, it would come down to price difference. My friend sells the bf750i for $6600 OTD and the bf650i for $6100 OTD.

So, for $6600, you can get one of the most powerful quads and then spend the $500 difference for good aftermarket tires rather than the stupid stock OME tires. So, you have to decide if the $500 difference is worth it either way.

Old 02-16-2007, 05:31 PM
Trailblazer

I guess I have to outline a few things because only a few guys here understand what I'm talking about.

I'll make it simple. 750cc or larger bore quads make more TORQUE. I am not disputing HP levels nor am I disputing someone drag racing a 650 vs a 750. Persoanlly I can careless if someone out drags my utility quad.

If you have a larger displacement motor it will make more bottom end torque, which is used as I mentioned before, for UTILITY JOBS such as pulling weight, pushing weight...etc. The larger displacement motor will also not work as hard which in turn leads to longer life.

Few examples of what I mean:

Cars/trucks - You need to tow a boat. Use a 4 cylinder or V8? Even if both motors put out the same HP levels you know the v8 will do the job easier because of TORQUE.

Motorcycles - You plan on riding double. 600cc bike or 1000cc? - Sure you can do it with both but one will do it without working as hard. Anyone with any riding experience can answer this one. Nowadays, the 600cc sportbikes can run with most 1000cc bikes but if I was planning on doing a lot of two up riding...1000cc for sure.

That's all I'm saying. If you get it, you get it. If not. oh well. My personal choice is larger displacement because of my needs and wants.

Old 02-16-2007, 07:16 PM
Trailblazer

I have to agree with the 750 guys. Sure if you're gonna use your Brute around the farm and never put a mod on it, then why not save some dough and buy a 650. But let's say somewhere down the line you decide to mod up the Brute... I don't care who the hell you are if you put the exact same mods (ei...bigger tires, cdi) on a 750 as a 650 the 750 will eat that 650 alive every single time!!! I myself run a 2006 750 while my buddy runs a 2006 650i, the only difference in our machines is our exhaust, he went with a more powerful HMF while I went with an HMF Ecosystem... my 750 walks all over his everyday of the week. No one will ever convince me a 650 can out dual an equally modded 750 or otherwise.

Old 02-16-2007, 08:13 PM
Pro Rider

here is a clip from a thread over on Nyrock's. these guys each have both a 650i and 750. this is on page 15 of the "pics of Brutes" thread in the Brute Force section.

hey jj, which brute do you like better. Handling difference?power?

----------------

goose
Pocatello, Idaho , USA
Subject: pics of Brutes 2007-01-24 18:29:07
I can't speak for him but I have the same setup other than my 650 is an 06. I will tell you that I like the 650 better in the handling dept. It steers very easy and rides much better. I also like the way the engine runs better than the 05 750. The 650 has almost as much power as it is hard to tell the diff. The 650 seems to rev quicker. It is hard to explain until you can compare the 2 side by side. As you can see I ride the 650 all of the time and the kids get the 750.I have rambled on long enough but we have to mention the less cost for the 650 also.To me its a no brainer. Go with the 650.

----------------

jjwhite
kelowna, British Columbia , Canada
Subject: pics of Brutes 2007-01-24 18:43:34
If I had to pick between the two, I would go with the 650. It has great low end torque, steering is nice and light, better on fuel and is easier on the pocketbook. I have a moose Module in my 750 and that is the reason that it is more powerful. Stock you couldn't tell the difference. I have not ridden a 07 750 to see if there is any power difference, I dont belive that there has been any changes as far as power goes. The 650 also runs alot smoother than the 750, even with all the needle updates, I dont belive that my 750 is running 100%.

----------------

monty

Old 02-17-2007, 02:04 AM
Pro Rider
Doesn't care what people ride as long as they can keep up!

I would recommend either machine.

Monty, I respect you as a great member here, but again, this is comparing a '05 model to a '06 model.

I have a late '06 model and I believe it has the updated steering and handling geometry most talk about with their 650's. It steers much easier than my P650.

I also have seen many 650 guys running 29.5" Outlaws with no problems, but I think the 750 would handle them better with a cdi and clutching.

Old 02-17-2007, 09:12 AM
Pro Rider

Roofer, that respect is mutual. i do realize the 07 is the handling equal and has gained power over the ealier models. dont' know how much, but it is common knowledge the '07 750 has a little more poop. i also read that change came in mid-'06, too.

those two owners prefer the 650i, over their 750s, so there is something to think about... if they had the '07 750s maybe not. but the 650i deserves a look. that's my point. i can't remember reading of a disapointed 650i owner anywhere.

i read somewhere that you can look at the angle of your tie rods and tell if your 750 has the updated front end. i can't remember the specifics, but i think the new front end has them flatter (more parallel to the ground) than the old style.

monty

Old 02-19-2007, 09:59 AM
Trailblazer

Simply put, I like my BF750 the best out of the 4 quads I've owned (Artic Cat 500, KFX700, TRX450r). I know I shouldn't compare it to the sport quads but, on the weekend when I have the choice as to what to ride, I ride the Brute. I'm a pretty big guy 6'5" 300 lbs and it fits me great. I'm not into drag racing really, but I like to find a good muddy trail and have a good time with it.

So there, for what it's worth that's my two cents!

Quick Reply: is the brute force 750 worth it?