Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Fan Switch/Breaker Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2008, 11:06 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fan Switch/Breaker Pictures

Hey fellas, My fan has quit working on my 650i, cant complain nothings happend in 2 1/2 years, I usually do most repairs myself but wiring and electrical work is not one of my good areas lol. I was wondering if anyone had a pic of which box Worked on the circuit for the fan, or the switch on the radiator? Does the rack and plastic have to be removed to get to the switch up front or what? If anyone has a pic or detailed information that would be great because now when I just put around going slow, the heat indicator light comes on frequently now, and will eventually backflow coolant into the resourvoir bottle. Thanks in advance Joe

Old 09-09-2008, 11:36 PM
Range Rover

Dang, no responses at all that is not good.

Old 09-10-2008, 01:51 PM
Pro Rider

Below is the Fan Switch location on the radiator.
Name:  FanRadSw.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  19.0 KB

Below is the Fan Circuit Breaker under the seat. You need to reset it (push in) if the small yellow pin in the middle pops out. The breaker is in a protective black rubber pocket as shown next to it.
Name:  FanBreaker.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  16.4 KB

Old 09-10-2008, 10:25 PM
Trailblazer

You don't HAVE to remove the plastic and the rack, but the time you fight it trying to get in there and see what you need comfortably ususally makes their removal a sensible and small part of the job. Plus it ipens it up and lets you inspect other items that haven't been examined in 2 1/2 years.

Old 09-11-2008, 04:57 PM
Pro Rider

The fan switch on the right upper corner of the radiator is NO (normally open) and it closes at around 192F. Before that, you should make sure the breaker is reset (yellow pin pushed in) under the seat. If those 2 checks out ok, then apply the voltage directly to the fan leads and check its operation.

Old 09-11-2008, 11:47 PM
Range Rover

Dude thanks a ton Hayashi, Greatly appreciated. I will check it out this weekend no time right now, my job very time demanding, Fritolay RSR lol. Thanks for the help, Hope the switch is just disconnected. Later Joe

Old 09-12-2008, 02:47 AM
Pro Rider

The fan switch on the radiator is covered up with black vinyl pouch. So, peel it off and check to make sure two bullet connectors are firmly connected. Hopefully, that's it but don't forget the fan breaker under the seat. Good luck.

Trending Topics

Old 09-14-2008, 01:32 PM
Range Rover

Hey Hayashi, I checked the breaker under the seat and the orange pin was still inset, so it had not been tripped. Then removed bottom of plastic shield by radiator and checked the plug in the top left corner. By your description does the plug pop in and out by pressure according to temp regulation or how does it work, not familiar with it. As is the plug is full inset, I noted two small connectors one a cylinder shape and the other a flat connector not connected to anything right down the wire line from the plug, are those test connectors? As they appear to never have been plugged to anything. I got the engine hot just to see, and sure enough indicator started flashing on inst. panel and the fan did not come on. Surely there is no coolant flow problem ive always kept the radiator fins clean after every ride. Reckon maybe the fan motor is shot? Thanks in advance bud. Joe

Old 09-15-2008, 11:57 AM
Pro Rider

Joe,
Not sure what flat connector you are referring to. I'll take a look later.

The fan circuit breaker - pushed in pin does not mean it is working (closed circuit). You need to remove the connector to it and check the continuity test (ohm check) to see if it is indeed closed (closed circuit).

Other possibilities are:
> Fan Switch Issue (upper left of Radiator)
First make sure those 2 small connectors are making a postive contact. Using an ohm meter and by heating up the switch with a heat gun or in hot (near boiling) water, see if the switch would close at about 192+ F. If you bypass this fan switch and just jump those two small connectors, the fan should come on with the ignition key at ON position (even without engine running).
> Fan Issue
Find 2 wire leads coming out from the fan and directly apply 12 V to the wires to see if the fan would come on.
> Wiring issue
Check for any shorted or damaged wires to the fan switch or fan itself.