Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

new Lakota KEF 300 fan

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2009 | 11:33 PM
|
Range Rover
Default new Lakota KEF 300 fan

Jana, Mother, and I took all three of my running bikes (there's one more waiting to be rebuilt from "junk") to www.generalsams.com and had a BALL

This was only mother's 2nd day to ride, and she had fun. Jana looked like she had a ball, and I managed to get to AWESOME "sticks" (got stuck) one to the point of burying the bike past the axles...
oh, wait a minute, past all FOUR axles!!

Some nice young folks came by on a pretty big honda and pulled us right out .. thanks guys, ya'll are AWESOME

loaded em up, stopped at a car wash and hosed em down, and then put em up...
I am TIRED..

the morning started that I wanted to tear my carb apart and clean it out, as the idle was "hunting" up and down... so, rebulding my carb, which is usually a 30-45 minute job, took 2.5 hours... If you know what this means, it's funny as heck.. I put a MAIN jet in place of the PILOT jet, and gas litterally was gushing out the top of the carb....

The guy I bought blue from was a russian... and when I did the rebuld (it always ran too rich) there was a DOWEL stuck in as a "Replacement" for the fuel/air mixture screw... that took 30 mins to clean out by itself.. and is the reason I burnt my hand during TG week... @#$@#$ russian

Heh, mother's bike doesn't look as sneato clean NOW!!!

jeffe

Old 06-05-2009 | 06:25 AM
|
Range Rover
Default updated

We now have 3 running Lakotas, including one "new" one .. it was bought, ridden less than 10 times, and garage kept! I'll have a 4th one running sooner or later

I have my cam and head, the bigbore kit has taken a bit longer than planned.. but these things happen, no point in getting excited.

This has been a ball! ... we've hit a couple parks, and been hunting, and "putzin' around" on these things ALOT

jeffe

Old 12-11-2009 | 02:12 PM
|
Range Rover

At the moment, we have 4 running lakotas

2003,blue bone stock except UNI air filter. This is my mothers and guests bike

2001 blue, black steel 12" polaris rzrwheels, dunlop 25x12x12 and 25x8x12 tires, dynojet 130 main, keihin cvk ninja needle, KN filter, stock exhaust, added rear rack - turn the rear rzr wheels around and it acts like 2.5" spacers! no rubs! also used ninja slide and slide "hat" .. it seemed to make it more peppy, but not alot

2001 blue, chrome steel 12" wheels, dunlops as aboove, stage 1 dyno kit, (forgot who's exhaust), .390" cam, head ported, 340cc kit (really, is 335 at 10:1 comp, so about 340), 14 tooth main sprocket, front and rear factory racks added, vesra clutch, cycleworksracing.net hd clutch springs. That's CRW. They have the big bore kits on hand for lakotas, if you really want one.

1998 red, 22" dirttrax tires rear, 13 tooth main sprocket, arctic cat 600 muffler (QUIET) uni filter, factory racks, VERY mild to ride .. may need a headgasket/rings soon.

I am 6'4, 225, and had been over 300 and ride this little bitty bikes. I custom built a trailer to put three of them on and in the pickup.

to everyone out there riding lakotas, my suggestions are to get a dynojet stage 1 kit, with KN, a 13 tooth front gear, and then if you like, add a $150 header and muffler. Stock the bikes are about 20hp (18-20), with that package, less than 250, you will see about 25 hp .. the head, cam, and bigbore kit will see about 35hp ... but, seriously, the fun factor of the first things, and how quickly they go on, its a BLAST .. you can do all of those in 3 hours, its not tough at all, and you can have even more fun on your bike