Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

brute force belt light

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2008, 10:05 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default brute force belt light

I know that a Dyna will not make the solid belt light come on to indicate mainenance, but what about when there is a problem with the belt? will it still come on flashing or does it not come on all together?

Old 08-10-2009, 05:51 PM
Weekend Warrior

i have a 650 brute force
straight axle does anyone know how to reset the belt light on it

Old 08-10-2009, 08:11 PM
Weekend Warrior

i have a 06 brute and the light came on steady. but i took off the cover and turned it to the forward spot which says off. then put it back together and it went to limp mode. but i turned it back to on spot because my belt is fine. then on the right fender(when ur sitting on it) above the belt caseing. theres 2 wires. a black to black and a grey to grey. unplug them and go black to grey and grey to black. then unplug the belt sesor on the case and turn the key on not starting it. then watch the light and it should flash fast then stop when it stops turn it off and put everthing back to gether the way it spose to be. black to black and grey to grey and plug back the belt sensor on top of case and should be fine after that.. this is the str8 axle model. the indepent is under the seat on the back right corner if sitting on it

Last edited by 06bruteforce650; 08-10-2009 at 08:17 PM. Reason: adding something about srt8 axel
Old 08-10-2009, 08:21 PM
Weekend Warrior

the service manual does not tell you how to reset the light. i have the complete tear down and rebuilt manual for it it says nothing detailed about the belt failure light. any other question post back on here again. i just had the same problem yesterday and i have a post a little bit under this one if u want to read.

Old 08-21-2009, 12:24 PM
Pro Rider

Belt Light Reset

To reset, turn ignition off and pull cvt cover. Put switch inside cover back into "on" postion. Remove seat and disconnect the 2 connectors grey and black and reverse them. They are located if sitting on quad in right rear corner. The grey one is not connected to anything, it's just a reset plug. Grey into black and black into grey. On top of the CVT cover is a black connector that goes to the switch inside the cover, disconnect that at this time. With the 2 still reversed and the black one disconnected, turn the key to the on, but don't start the quad. Observe the belt light. When it stops flashing really fast and starts flashing slow, the belt light is reset. Turn key off, and put the 2 connectors under the seat back to their original connectors and plug the connector switch for the CVT back in. Your done.

*If it's just the 100 hour causing the light to flash, you do not have to remove the CVT cover and flip the switch. Just swap the plugs and follow the rest of the procedure mentioned above

or

Tightening Belt/Belt Light Reset - MudInMyBlood Forums