Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

belt problem on 650 06

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2009, 09:01 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default belt problem on 650 06

its a kaw 650 bruteforce. and first off the belt light came on so i drove it back home and turned it to the off spot and put it back together and now the light blinks and it only go so fast. so what the problem? can someone tell me.

Old 08-09-2009, 11:47 PM
Weekend Warrior

ok i googled it and it says it spose to be on the off spot or what ever is towards the back. and then it says just follow the wires from the switch that has on or off and it says it should go to the grey and black wires i think i found those to there right above it behind the right fender(if your sitting on the atv) and im going to do black to grey and grey to black tommaro morning if that dont work i will put something up on here again. but i still aint real sure why the light came on in the first place the belt seems fine and its has a weird number on the odometer( heard that is turns on auto after 100 miles of reset befor) and im pretty sure iv rode more that 100 miles since the last belt light came on. iv had it since nov 08 and iv never put a belt on it and never had the belt light on. i did a oil change 2 months ago and its already been over 200 miles since that. so im not real sure what turn the light solid

Old 08-10-2009, 12:20 PM
Weekend Warrior

well thanks for all the other post on this site i just joined yesterday. and now my belt light is off and normal again. the other post helped me figure out how to fix it but i had to google it to c what to do with it all

Old 08-21-2009, 12:25 PM
Pro Rider

It's in limp mode due to a belt issue.

Tightening Belt/Belt Light Reset - MudInMyBlood Forums

or

Belt Light Reset

To reset, turn ignition off and pull cvt cover. Put switch inside cover back into "on" postion. Remove seat and disconnect the 2 connectors grey and black and reverse them. They are located if sitting on quad in right rear corner. The grey one is not connected to anything, it's just a reset plug. Grey into black and black into grey. On top of the CVT cover is a black connector that goes to the switch inside the cover, disconnect that at this time. With the 2 still reversed and the black one disconnected, turn the key to the on, but don't start the quad. Observe the belt light. When it stops flashing really fast and starts flashing slow, the belt light is reset. Turn key off, and put the 2 connectors under the seat back to their original connectors and plug the connector switch for the CVT back in. Your done.

*If it's just the 100 hour causing the light to flash, you do not have to remove the CVT cover and flip the switch. Just swap the plugs and follow the rest of the procedure mentioned above.