Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

brute force belt light

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2008, 08:17 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default brute force belt light

any one know how to diasable this or by pass it? i guy at work has a 650 BF and at the 100 hr the light is on and its in limp mode w/ no awd. he wanted to by pass it if theres a way. thanks.

Old 11-11-2008, 12:16 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

pretty sure it can't be bypassed you are going to have to replace the belt, I am almost sure

Old 11-11-2008, 02:27 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dyna CDI will do it or just reset the belt light, very easy to do.
But what model of the Brute Force is it?
A SRA or the i model, they are different for the belt lite reset procedure.

Old 11-11-2008, 06:57 AM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!

i beleave its a BF 650 non independent(straight axle) either an 06 or 07'

Old 11-11-2008, 12:03 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: stendori
at the 100 hr the light is on and its in limp mode w/ no awd. he wanted to by pass it if theres a way. thanks.</end quote></div>
Not true. The 100-hr maintenance reminder light does not cause limp home mode. It is just a reminder to check CVT/belt. The flashing belt light does. You may see a little benefit by disabling the switch. But that may not be worth damaging the $500+ sheaves by stretched/broken belt.

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: bfb750BF
A SRA or the i model, they are different for the belt lite reset procedure.</end quote></div>
Not true. I have both models and I've been using the same procedure that works on both for last 4 years. The only difference is the location of the two 4-pin connectors. BTW, the procedure for '07 360 is slightly different from others.

Old 11-11-2008, 05:12 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!

Not true. The 100-hr maintenance reminder light does not cause limp home mode. It is just a reminder to check CVT/belt. The flashing belt light does. You may see a little benefit by disabling the switch. But that may not be worth damaging the $500+ sheaves by stretched/broken belt.

well it is true as far as the light is on and it wont go above 3,600 rpms. i dont know if you call it limp mode or not but he claims it doesnt have awd and the wont go above this rpm. i dont know except what im being told by him and that is what he told me. thnaks for the input.

Old 11-11-2008, 06:13 PM
Pro Rider

It sounds like the guy at your work is confused. He's calling the flashing belt light 100-hr "maintenance" light which is "steady on". What he is really seeing is belt failure detection light - that's what flashing means. So here you go:
Steady On: 100-hr maint light. Does NOT affect running.
Flashing: Belt failure dected. Limp-Home mode/rev limiting. No 4WD.
The light resetting procedure is same for both.

Whenever belt light flashes, the 4WD does not work by default in the design of ECU (it does not send a signal to Controller). It works in 2WD mode only WHEN the belt light is flashing even if the toggle switch is at 4WD position. Once the belt light flashing is taken care of (cause of the flashing must be fixed), AND after it is reset properly, the 4WD engagment should work again.

Old 11-12-2008, 12:00 AM
Pro Rider

I agree....I would not bypass it....Its a good idea to keep your belt deflection and inspection as part of your maintenance routine....just my 2 cents though[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-06-2008, 08:45 PM
Weekend Warrior

i have the flashing light problem with the belt light i was told i need to reset the computer can someone tell me how to do this, i dont have a service manual.

Old 12-07-2008, 11:02 PM
Trailblazer

be careful. as mentioned above by hayashi, flashing light is something thats needs to be looked at, hopefully just a bad belt if not worse. belt light full on just means maintenance. this can be done by switching the 2 4pin connectors. i would call a dealer on that for your model.

Quick Reply: brute force belt light