Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

My 4 wheeler........ PLEASE READ AND HELP KAWI FANS!

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2011, 10:22 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question My 4 wheeler........ PLEASE READ AND HELP KAWI FANS!

Was abused : (. Oil never changed, spark plug never changed, beat to the brim.

I got it, saved it!

Its my first kick start FOUR WHEELER, ive owned many dirt bikes.

When first starting up for the day its okay, but into the ride when i stop with all my buddies who have electric start.

I cant kick it.....

Im not a pansy... it just locks up.... like doesnt go down, itll go down once in a blue moon, and thats after shaking it in neutral, turning key on off, ignition on-off switch ( this is while the engine is hot)... it wont kick.......

why is it like that? IT DOES START,..........................eventually... should i start it in first? what am i doing wrong. Ive had many 2 stroke dirtbikes..... but this mojave. idk

Old 04-26-2011, 10:31 PM
Pro Rider

im not sure but it almost sounds like somthing bent and when it heats up somthing expanding and locking it up is this when its in neutral when its doing it and have you tried push or pull starting it when its doing that then pop it into gear when its moving to get it to fire

Old 04-26-2011, 10:35 PM
Weekend Warrior

it will compress and start though after like 10 minutes of getting the right kick in! No need to pop start it ya know? sometimes it just doesnt want to go down. Even when its cold sometimes it does that i guess.

Its just such a pain all my friends having electric starts. It starts on the first kick that it actually goes down in.... but the problem is it going down. Should i push on the kick start a little till it locks in? or just push on it my hardest? i dont get this kickstart : / and plus it kick motion is foward : p hahahah

Old 04-26-2011, 10:40 PM
Pro Rider

I am not experienced with them but I had an issue with a old enduro that I had and when I took it in they (if I remember the terminoligy) said it was basically out of time (for lack of better terminoligy) they did an adjustment and it was fine sounds like letting it sit is allowing built up compression to escape allowing it to kick over (again this is based on what was told to me on the bike quads may be different)

Old 04-26-2011, 10:42 PM
Pro Rider

im trying to think i work on atvs every day but iv never seen this problem with the kick start it almost sounds like somthing bent