Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Status of my topend rebuild

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2001, 12:15 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I talked with the machine shop today and its not to bad. The cyl. and head had some warping but nothing he couldn't take care of. He was also able to just hone the cyl. and rering it. But I need new intake valves because the old ones were to thin to grind. Now these are the same valves I had replaced 2 yrs. ago by FST. So I called FST (I got thru on the 3rd try!) and Mickey told me that is typical wear and to replace them with stock valves. I asked him about stainless valves and he told me that they aren't worth it. (S.S.=$30 Stock=$13) He also told me that on the 411cc race Mojave they would get one season out of the valves. So I Bought the valves from TJ's parts express $13 ea. He had them in stock along with the valve seals! I love that place. If all goes well I should have the completed head & cyl. early next week.
I also asked Mickey if he heard any Kawasaki rumors and he said another year yet for a new sport quad.

Old 03-21-2001, 01:09 AM
Trailblazer

wow are you and i on the same wave or what??? i just talked to irvine california kawai. head quarters today and got the same answer.. he also said that a new kids bike is in the works... he couldnt talk freely i could sense but at least were moveing in the right dirction... i had put a call in to him regarding the stator output of the mojave and he will be getting back to me later on this week.. take care Jim

Old 03-21-2001, 07:53 PM
Trailblazer

Hey Jeff

I have a 88' mojave. Right now im fixing it up its looking pretty good but i was just wondering where did you find the renthal bars for your mojave and where did you get your frame painted. One more thing i wanna add some speed and power to it know of any good kits. Already got a wb pipe and k&n filter and sprockets.

Thanks

Old 03-22-2001, 06:24 PM
Trailblazer

Jeff, did you retain your kick start after the elec. start kit was installed?

Old 03-22-2001, 10:17 PM
Range Rover

Hey Lightening, I never had my frame painted, and you can get Renthal bars at any major mail order place, I've read that KX 80 bend bars are nearly the same as the stock Mojave's bars. As for power I recommend the piston and head porting along with the black box mod to get some more revs. And since yours is a 88' it would be good insurance to go over the head. Hope I helped.

Savage: The kick starter isn't disturbed and works like normal, except now it isn't nearly as polished an worn looking and neither is my shin!