Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Adjustments on kvf360 carb?

Old 02-07-2018, 10:59 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adjustments on kvf360 carb?

I purchased a new kvf360 carb for my 2006 kawasaki prairie 360 4x4. I've installed it and it starts right up. However after idling for a few minutes, it dies. Or when riding and come to a stop, it dies. I have searched and watched videos. I am seeing big idle adjustment screw with black ****. And I see a small gold screw at very bottom of carb that I beleive is the jet fuel screw... Those are the only 2 that I believe I have. Am I wrong??? On the bottom gold screw, I turned all the way in (easy) and backed out 2 turns. But its still not running good after a few minutes. What am I missing? Thanks for any/all help!!!

Old 02-07-2018, 02:23 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

One on the bottom is the fuel screw or pilot screw as it's normally called.This screw is mainly for idle mixture. 2 turns out normally for a base setting,but you need to fine tune it when the engine is warm. Out to richen fuel,in to lean it out. Some models may end up with 2.5-3 turns out before you can get a smooth idle and decent throttle response. Some screws are are hard to get to unless you have a small stubby screw driver and small hands. They make tools for this to make adjustment easier.https://www.ebay.com/itm/Motion-Pro-...NRf3wl&vxp=mtr

Attached Thumbnails Adjustments on kvf360 carb?-s-l1600.jpg  
Old 02-07-2018, 05:32 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thank you

Originally Posted by old polaris tech
One on the bottom is the fuel screw or pilot screw as it's normally called.This screw is mainly for idle mixture. 2 turns out normally for a base setting,but you need to fine tune it when the engine is warm. Out to richen fuel,in to lean it out. Some models may end up with 2.5-3 turns out before you can get a smooth idle and decent throttle response. Some screws are are hard to get to unless you have a small stubby screw driver and small hands. They make tools for this to make adjustment easier.https://www.ebay.com/itm/Motion-Pro-...NRf3wl&vxp=mtr
Thank you , Would the said screw on bottom cause the problem I am having? It starts with no hesitation at first. Then, once it dies, I have to let sit a bit to start again.

Old 02-07-2018, 07:04 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by DouglasAllen
I purchased a new kvf360 carb for my 2006 kawasaki prairie 360 4x4.
Didn't catch that the first time. That also may be the problem as some aftermarket carbs may not be jetted the same as the oem carb. My two cents would have been to rebuild the better quality oem carb if it wasn't totally trashed out. I'd check the jets versus the oem carb and make sure ever opening is blown out. People have found trash,milled pieces in some of these Chinese carbs.If that doesn't help,then doesn't cost much to rebuild the oem carb with a good quality kit. https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-NEW-Shind...9adPoA&vxp=mtr Plus there may be other things to check like valve clearances,air filter,etc that could be part of the problem.

Attached Thumbnails Adjustments on kvf360 carb?-s-l1600.jpg