Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Exhaust for mojave

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2001, 11:50 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok i am finaly gona buy one.. i need your help in final decition

1> white brothers
2> supertrapp ids2 full race
3> fmf mega max II Yes they have them now

witch do you thing would give me the best all around performance

Old 05-07-2001, 02:15 PM
Pro Rider

My 1st choice would be the SuperTrapp (may want to look at the 4" racing version too). My 2nd choice would be the White Bros. Both pipes will give you good performance, however I find the sound of the SuperTrapp to be very nice. That's my $.02

Old 05-07-2001, 05:34 PM
Pro Rider

Supertrapp all the way. I wouldn't choose any other exhaust except for pro-circuit but they don't make that for the Mojave. Power is great with the Dynojet kit and air filter. You need that is you get a new exhaust.

Old 05-09-2001, 11:50 PM
Range Rover

Ramimac, I've seen your post on exhaust and noticed you have deliberated long and hard on the exhaust situation. You are looking for advice on exhaust and you are going to get alot of OPINIONS. So here is my opinion: FMF makes good two stroke exhaust, my experience is with Honda cr250, they also make a good two stroke pipe for banshee, Ive had fatty and woods pipes. Dyno test for banshee also show good results with FMF. For both those vehicles I would buy FMF again. I have had no personal experience with FMF on four stroke and cannot therefore comment on their ability to make a good four stroke exhaust. I have had both supertrapp and white brothers. I had a problem with the fit and finish of the supertrapp, I couldn't get the supertrapp on my mo. The factory just said the welding jig must have slipped but wouldnt even pay shipping to repair and replace their defective part. In addition the welds looked like a 4 year old made them, they were ugly and had lots of weld splatter. The steel components had paint flaking off and the "brand new" exhaust was already rusted when I got it. I know it was brand new because it was on back order for a month, called supertrapp and they said they were out of mojave units.

The white brothers is made of all aluminum and stainless steel, all brackets, pipes and threaded holes line up perfect, no drilling out holes or rebending pipe was needed, had the exhaust on in less than 1/2 hour. The fit and finish of the white bro pipe is superior to the supertrapp. I have heard other mojaves with supertrapp and white bro exhaust, the white bro has a deeper, throaty sound.

If you call both white bro and supertrapp and ask for dyno test, white bro has them, supertrap does not. The mojave is 15 years old, you would think supertrapp would have gotten around to publishing the results if they had good results wouldn't you?

Dirt wheels mag recently did a four stroke shootout, the result was white bro was best.

If you simply want a loud pipe both supertrap and white bro are as loud as you want them to be. You can even run both with no disc, straight open.

My extra opinion is to save the money on the jet kit and just buy a few jets for $4.00 each, youll get great performance, you just won't have someone "holding your hand" when you rejet. If you get the white bro let me know and I will tell you the settings I have used and that will at least get you close for your area and elevation.

Old 05-10-2001, 02:35 AM
Trailblazer

I realy apreciate all the info you have given me i have decided to go with the white brothers..

But i have run into a small dillema..

my wife says she does not want me to give it any more power.

oh well life will go on