Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Lakota parts in at Rocky Mt. ATV

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2001, 03:40 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey everyone, (GAF)
Just wanted everyone who is waiting for parts for thier Lakota from Rocky Mountain to know that the parts are in (K&N filter, jetkit, Supertrapp IDS2). I ordered my Supertrapp today and hope to get it next week. I am also going to install the 13t sprocket and jet kit. I will let you know the results when I am finished.
Lakota300cr

Old 10-23-2001, 08:25 PM
Pro Rider

Thank you, thank you, thank you.
I just went over and checked the shipping info, and mine left this morning at 10:47 am.
Were have you been 300cr, haven't hierd from you or stebob in a couple of weeks.
14min and I have been talking about the high comp pistons, big bore kit, and stroker kit.

I've done a ton of riding and just like the lakota more and more.
I checked my son out of school and went to new orleans riding today.

So whats up. Glad to see the parts came in before your friend came down.
Well have to go to the boys football practice.

Old 10-24-2001, 01:51 PM
Trailblazer

I have been pretty busy the past week or so. I am moving from an apartment to a new house. I have been checking the posts from time to time. I ordered the 13t sproket, airfilter and jet kit last week. They are supposed to arrive Friday and the Supertrapp next week. Gaff, let me know how you make out installing the jet kit. This seems to be the tricky part.
Lakota300cr

Old 10-24-2001, 02:24 PM
Pro Rider

Don''t sweat the jet kit.I've installed many on all kinds of bikes.
At one time I was partners on a dyno jet dynometer and I've seen the results.

Go to the magazine search and look up the lakota review again, thay have a good little time saver about how to put the air box hose clamp on so you can get to it after the pipes goes on. But I wouldn't try the suggestion on getting the yamaha #136 jet though. Mixxing different jets is not a good practice.
I believe with you being in costa rica you will find the tropical climate will force you into using the #134 jet. Maybe with the winter coming on and the dry air you may be able to use the #138 jet.
I don't know but it's easy and I'm sure you will get it.

Old 10-24-2001, 07:30 PM
Trailblazer

Gaff,
I am going to install a Twin air filter, modified air box, and supertrap IDS2. The altitude here (near San Jose) is around 3,000-4,000 feet above sea level. I was going to try the #134 jet first. I think anything higher will run to rich. Right now with the stock filter and exhaust my spark plug is black and sooty. I know I am running rich now. I drilled some holes in the air box (I think you did the same)just where the blue plastic covers the air box lid. I am still running rich, so I am hoping with the exhaust and better air filter this will get corrected. I may even have to go with the #132 jet. Oh yeah, I am doing my first oil change this weekend and plan on using 20w-50 oil.
Lakota300cr

Old 10-24-2001, 09:00 PM
Pro Rider

Lakota 300cr,
I'm just south of new orleans at sea level, I'm running just rite and maybe a little lean sense I drilled the air box and installed the K&N air filter.
Try the #134 first and if you run a little rich try putting th C-clip on the second slot before going down on the main jet.
I know this may sound french to you now but you will understand when you recieve the kit.
Dynojet suggest starting with the C-clip on the third slot, but in your sittuation sometimes you can minipulate the needle position to help the transition to top end (or main jet) to get optimum performance.
I have to let you know though in your tropical climate you may have to re-adjust carb tuning with the seasons.
Or maybe this can be done with disc on the super trapp.
My climate isn't much different (but the elevation is different) so I can have more answers when we recieve are parts