Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Problems

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2001, 08:41 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anybody out there having as many problems as im having.
I purchased a new 650 in augest any it worked great untill shorthly after the first service since then the bike wont ide its hard to start stalls as soon as you let off the throttle i couldn't even get it doing 95kph downhill, and it seem to be really hard on fuel 55kms untill the fuel light starts flashing. ive had it to the dealer thinking it was the choke cable he said it was fixed although he didn't replace the cable. its got so bad that on sunday it stalled going through some relatively deep holes and filled up with water through the exhauste pipe after draining it and replacing the plugs its seemed to work better for a short period of time but as i went the problem came back. ANY IDEAS OUT THERE ?? IS THERE ANYTHING i SHOULD DO since the enging was filled with water? oh yeah here's a few other problems im having
headlight filling with water
whinch inoperative
front skidplate comming off

Old 11-12-2001, 09:47 PM
Pro Rider

Yah,
Your dealer is a complete idiot.
He has your carbs completely screwed up, or he never fixxed the choke cable in the first place.

Stop waisting your money over a cheap screwwing.
Get a service manuall and do it your self!

Sorry if I seem harsh. your about the fith guy who got on here and had many problems after it came back from the dealer.

The new twin is probably blowing thier minds.
You can do this very easily your self weather your machanicly inclined or not.

Old 11-12-2001, 10:07 PM
Pro Rider

Based on your symptoms your problem could still be related to the choke cable. I knew mine was good, but I wanted to see how well the cable moved, so I took the carbs off, pulled the left covers off and observed the choke moving as I moved the cable.

You should do this and see if the chokes are fully disengaging. If you rule that out you can go from there. If you have a service manual it's easy, if you don't you can get one from www.buykawasaki.com.

Good Luck

Old 11-12-2001, 10:07 PM
Trailblazer

gaff is right your dealer is an idiot. theres aguy called jefffoxsr that knows seems to know every thing about the 650. i dont know his email but look for one of the threads with his name. good luck rob

Old 11-12-2001, 10:29 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for the info if figured it was in the carbs just figured seeing that its still under warranty why not let the dealer do it. Maybe that has been my mistake all along!

Ill let you know how it works out.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-12-2001, 10:59 PM
Trailblazer

RMX15 Where do you live in Nova Scotia? I'm having the same stalling problem as you are after taking my 650 to the dealer to get the choke cable looked at. They have no idea how to work on these bikes.

Old 11-12-2001, 11:15 PM
Pro Rider

hay guys,
I don't have one of these and never ridden one, but sitting here and thinking about your problem I thought I would add some.

I don't know if this is true for the prairie but, Generally a v-twins set up does not permit both cylinders to operate at the same tempature due to the rear cylinder does not get a cool air flow acrost it and the exhaust has a more restrictive route on either the front or the back cylinder.
So a v-twin usualy will have two carb set ups, one for the forward cylinder and one for the aft. maybe this is what's blowing thier minds!

I only stepped in to this thread to share some general info because it seems most knew prairie 650 owners are having troubles after the dealer gets a hold of it.

I believe if you get a shop manual you probably can do just about every thing your self.

It's not kawi, suzuki, honda or who ever, it's just dealers can be worse than the average joe some times, not to mention the average joe will take MUCH better care of his machine!!!