Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Lakota Horsepower

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2001, 09:21 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

stebob thanks for the picture.
Man he has that thing stripped down.
I wonder how much it wieghs.
I haven't hierd from 98 lately, he rebuilt his motor last week, I wonder how it did.

Old 12-10-2001, 10:17 AM
Pro Rider

Hey guys,

If the Lakota in the picture is a red one, it's probably mine.

I finally got the motor back together last Thursday and have started the break-in procedure. So far, I can't really tell a lot about the polished head and new piston, but with the weather we have had, I have only ridden it for about 15 mins.

I can tell that the Works shocks are GREAT. Roots and ruts that used to make the front end bounce, now feel like smooth ground. It really makes the back shock's bad side show now.

I was thinking the same thing about a Lakota club. I have been riding/racing mine for about 2 1/2 years now, and have been trying to tell people what a great bike it is. I hope this rebuild and shocks help me move on up in the races.

Old 12-10-2001, 10:36 AM
Pro Rider

Hay 98,
It is a red one.
If any one has more pictures I'd love to see them, as I've only seen my blue one and no other.
Sorry about the weather, the quad should have better throttle response with a liter piston.
I'm totally hoping the port job gives you a higher rev and broaden the power range further up the rpm's
I'm with you on the shocks, just skid plates, tires and wheels, then the high comp piston, port job, cam, oh my wife is gonna kill me!

Old 12-10-2001, 11:01 AM
Pro Rider

Along with the port and polish, the mechanic shimmed the intake valve .040 and the exhaust valve .020. I'll post what I think after I get it broke in and can really tell what is what.

Old 12-10-2001, 11:28 AM
Pro Rider

I don't understand the shimmed valves.
I understand shim over bucket, but don't understand shimming a threaded adjuster.

Old 12-10-2001, 11:49 AM
Pro Rider

98, I can't wait to hear how that thing runs!! I bet it'll surprise a lot of people!

BTW - If you don't mind my asking, how much did your Works shocks cost?

Old 12-10-2001, 12:00 PM
Pro Rider

He posted in another thread $298 from dennis kirk.

We're sitting here discussing the shimms, the only thing we can come up with is maybe between the spring and keeper and if thats so why would it be two different sizes.
Sorry to bug you 98, just I'm an animal for knowledge.

Hay stebob how was THE day off!

Sorry just had to take a poke.

Old 12-10-2001, 12:51 PM
Pro Rider

Hey thanks for rubbing salt in my wounds Gaff! LOL!!

What are you guys shimming?

Old 12-10-2001, 01:35 PM
Pro Rider

Sorry stebob, I know the feeling and it stinks, and then when you get your check, uncle sam thanks you a little more.

Read a couple post up, 98 said his machanic shimmed his valves, not that it's a big deal to me it just boggles me!

Old 12-10-2001, 07:54 PM
Range Rover

Guys i have a problem. I put my supertrapp one about a week ago and it seem i didn't do something right i think it's blew a head gasket. When i removeed the stock pipe it was getting dusty dark and i didn't have much light. The head pipe was leaking quite a bit when i put it on where it conects to the head. So i rode it a couple of hours every day after school. And yesterday i was out there fooling around with it and saw where a bolt had came out and the other one was loose. I don't no what this is. It's on the side where the airfilter goes it on the motor it has 1 screw on each side and one on the top of it. the one on the top is gone. The pipe gets really hot pretty quick was that an indication of it running lean or rich.How does those metal things work. When i un bolted they jut fell out with the pipe i didn't get a chance to look at it to see how they went.I cant get the pipe to stay tight around the head are it just moves back and forth. I really need some hp with this.

Quick Reply: Lakota Horsepower