Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Front smoothie hood for Mojave and Lakota! What about the key switch?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2002, 05:24 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What's up:

I am going to be puting a smoothie hood on my mojave and lakota, and I wanted to know about the key switch, on the Lakota. I already checked it out, and figured out that you disconnect the two wires from the switch and then just plug the other two together. This makes it so it will start and run the lights. But it also will drain the battery on the Lakota, unless you diconnect the wires every time your done riding, and that will get old because you would have to remove the hood every time.

With the Mojave I don't have to worry, because there is no battery. I wanted to know what you Lakota guys did that have smoothie hoods. Did you hook up some type of switch to it where you could flick it on and off? Please let me know what I can do. I would like to get the smoothie because it looks a lot better like that. Also when I get the smoothie I will be getting rid of the light, should I leave those wires that connect to the light on the quad or should I remove them.

Thanks

Old 06-10-2002, 05:33 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just made a bracket to mount my key to a bolt on the handlebars. It mounts next to the reverse ****. I wanted to keep the key for security reasons. I'll try to get a pic of my mount