Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Cut LAKOTA Plastix

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2002, 01:40 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone cut their plastics on the Lakota yet? I have the need to do this and I need some suggestions. Or pictures...pictures would be great!

Can anyone help me out in this area? I think even some Mojave folks can help me...aren't the plastics reeeeeally close to the same?

I want it to look even more sportier. After all is my other bike, I can't just let it gooooo! My wife will just have to get muddier when we ride now ~ just like I have to do when we ride together.

All help would be, and is appreciated!

Old 06-17-2002, 02:15 PM
Range Rover

Mojave and Lakota plastic are the same-look here for info from a similar post.

Old 06-17-2002, 03:11 PM
Pro Rider

yup! zachry same. I used to have a picture, I believe it was 98lakotas, of shaved plastics. I lost it when I had to REFORMAT my fricking hardrive. He prob. still has it. I think I sent it to Gaff, he may still have a copy. I thought of doing this, however, when I ride my Buddies 400EX and get crap all over me, I think I'll keep them the way they are. Don't get me wrong I still get muddier than a ****. but not just splashing through a puddle.

Old 06-17-2002, 03:39 PM
Pro Rider

MORDR ~ that is one bad ***** you got yourself there!! Very sweet!
I have always been a Kawi fan for all my life till I broke down and bought the Yami mentioned below. I tried to hold out for Kawi to do something bigger in the line of sport quads - hell, just something newer. Couldn't wait any longer. I've also got a Vulcan 1500A and the wife has a Vulcan 750. All of my previous bikes (street and offroad) have been Kaw's except for the very first dirt bike I had at the age of 9, Suzuki 75. Now I am 36 and still love to ride every da-gone chance I get.

Thanks for the link - they are very nice. They are a bit on the aggressive side tho. I'm not quite wanting to go that hard. Just a little more stylish, not so boxy.

STEBOB, I should have seen yours this weekend!! Even tho the plastix aren't cut. Hey - do you have nerfs on yours? I don't have any. I guess I probably won't either now.

Any other pics are welcome from everyone!

Old 06-17-2002, 04:23 PM
Pro Rider

I know, bud, I know! No, I don't have nerfs. Reason: I don't much care for them and they seem to get caught up on too much stuff. Since I really only trail ride, they just arn't what I want. My buddy has them on his 400ex. They are cool and all, but get in the way more than anything, for me anyways. How was the Badlands? Fill me in!

Old 06-17-2002, 06:13 PM
Pro Rider

It was a good time - real good time! (i'm rubbing it in ya know)
Got in some great riding and some great drag racing. Happen to be the king of the strip in the hour we were hanging out at the strip. Not a whole lot of competition either. One DS and 2 other Raptors was only thing in my category there at the time.

I did get to help this cute little thing that had well, ya know, some darn nice HEADLIGHTS! She had a 4X4 of some kind turned over on top of her, it was on the sand hills right behind the pro shop and restrooms.

There was 10 of us in our group and another fellow from another forum showed up with 3 friends of his too. There was probably at least 200 folks there, including the jeeps. Good time had by all.

Like I said, we'll post the next time we are heading out somewhere again!
Later.

Old 06-17-2002, 06:25 PM
Pro Rider

Cool! Sorry I missed it. Had to get an MRI done and so on. Things kinda turned upside down.