Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

UPS brought my Mudrunners and ITP C rims today...can't wait til this weekend

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2002, 01:50 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After reading post after post, I ordered Mudrunners from Rocky Mountain with ITP C rims. I can't wait to install them this weekend. Can I assume that they were balanced by Rocky Mtn?

I also installed a Twin Air filter last weekend....I can now wheelie on grass and pavement...oh what fun it is to ride....

Thank you for the great amount of help that you give to us. I sold my 98 Prairie 300 to but the 650 and boy I am glad. I am not much of a mechanic, but I like to tinker some. You guys are very helpful in all your posts.

I have on other question, I installed some Maier handguards, I noticed some brake fluid on my hand and maybe one drop on the body when I was putting on the right guard. After that, I didn't notice anything else. I figured that my tugging around to remove the rubber boot caused that. It seemd to run and brake fine

Thanks and be safe

Rick

Old 06-19-2002, 02:19 PM
Pro Rider

I too just got new tires and rims from Rocky Mountain ATV (Last week). Titan 589 M/T's on ITP C series rims. I had the chrome valve stems and PJ1 tire sealant put in them from them. Alls I can say is the tire are silly off balance and I have a lot of handlebar shake now. I'm thinking and hopeing the reason my tires are off balance is cuze of the sealant and when i go riding next to test the tires out for a weekend the stuff will spread and the handlebars will stop shaking. I put the tires on a bubble balancer and a spin balance and it says i need like 8 oz of weight per tire....thats a lot of weight and I assume they put in 8 oz of the tire sealant so i don;t wanna go putting 1/2 a pound of weight on each rim if the sealant will spread. Other than the shakes I love my new tires and rims.

got a pic of the handguards...?

Old 06-19-2002, 04:57 PM
Weekend Warrior

I didn't have them put the slime in there. I saw your post about the balance being off. I will install them this weekend, then I'll see how it rides. I have an appt. wit my dealer for my initial service Tuesday, so I can have them check the front end if it shakes (nyroc suggested that may help you)

I bought the handguards from the kawasaki website when I bought the handlebar bag...no pics, sorry

Rick

Old 06-19-2002, 05:11 PM
Trailblazer

what's Rocky Moutain's site, if they even haveone??

Old 06-19-2002, 05:41 PM
Weekend Warrior

rockymountainatv.com

Old 06-19-2002, 08:26 PM
Pro Rider

Did a Twin Air Filte without any other mods really bring you back to wheeling?

Mine runs better than ever, but after just adding the heavier stock Dirt Devils, I cannot hardly get it to wheelie.

I just really cannot believe that the filter is the limiting factor in the air intake system, but I could be wrong. (I hope so).

I bought a K&N it didnt fit, a friend blew smoke at it while idling and his smoke went aroung the front of the filter. K&N doesn't answer my email, so I took the thing back and will not be buying any more of their products.

Old 06-19-2002, 11:55 PM
Weekend Warrior

I hadn't been able to wheelie until I changed the filter....I have not added the new tires yet....I am also new to the wheelie thing , so I may be getting braver and hitting the gas harder too....I only have 14 hours on it and am taking it in for 1st service next week...I changed the oil/filter on my own at 10 hours...I don't know that much about mods, but the air filter seems to fit tight, it goes in the plastic fittings just like the OEM one...I have ordered some Twin Airs for my other 2 bikes since this one seemed to help my 650....good luck

Rick