Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

mojave vs 300ex

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2002, 05:27 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you meen that is the order you think they go in i have put many hours on both and they are both great i chose the mojave for a few reasons i love liquid kewling the dohc 4 valve head just screems power and 8 inches of suspension travel
this meens massive after market ability it can be an awsome machine with the right amount of $$$$

i dont know where you get all your problems with mojaves ive only had mine a year but no problems so far and ive seem many with no problems and believe me i test mine daily on my private track its great and you can make it grow with you look at lurches 400 ex eater there awsome so much possability with a 250

Old 07-22-2002, 05:38 PM
Weekend Warrior

Reliability??? I have a 1987 Mojave, All I have really done to it is: rejet the carb and add a cobra exhaust, new plastic, new wheels and tires, new sprockerts and chain...........Haven't done anything to the engine....other than rejeting the carb and adjusting the valves. I like my mojave and it screams with the rejeted carb and exhaust. My only problem with the mojave at this time is it has a rev limiter. Only found this out days ago...Thanks to this forum.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-22-2002, 05:55 PM
Trailblazer

i think the mojave will smoke the 300ex because the mojave is quick and nimble unlike the duck looking 300ex.

Old 07-22-2002, 06:37 PM
Pro Rider

AlkyBurninX, we had the same problem with our '89 Mojave, the rear shock blowing out, it happened like right after the warranty was up on it, but the warranty wouldn't have covered it anyways, other than that it was quite reliable, except it through the chain a lot, but we should have got a new one, and we are rough on our stuff.

MinnesotaMojave: You are basing the performance of the 300EX on how it looks? How retarded it that? The 300EX is just as quick and just as nimble, if not more so, if you don't believe me, why don't you make a trip down to Florida and I will show you what a duck looking 300EX can do. By the way, where do you get that it looks like a duck? I have been pondering that while I sit here, and guess what, not one part resembles a duck. But I do agree the Mojave looks pretty cool, but in no way does the 300EX look like a duck.

Old 07-22-2002, 07:13 PM
Pro Rider

Duck? He reffers to the front end, how it bends down to the bumper. The mojave looks like the front fenders almost hit the wheels but, whatever [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]..

Which has better suspention for jumping and trails, and which is just more fun?

Old 07-22-2002, 07:59 PM
Pro Rider

The 300EX has better suspension for the trails and small jumps, while the Mojave is better for the bigger ones. As for which is more fun, they are both very fun to ride, but I prefer the 300EX, it just feels lighter and more nimble compared to the Mojave in my opinion, the dry weights may only be a couple pounds off but the liquid-cooling does make the Mojave feel heavier to me. As for the duck thing, I get where he is saying that now, but I still don't think it looks like a duck. It doesn't really remind me of any animal, which I guess is a good and bad thing, good because at least it doesn't look like so stupid animal (despite what minnesotamojave says) and bad because it doesn't really give it any personality, but I guess you can think that one up yourself. But the Mojave doesn't look like anything to me either.

Old 07-22-2002, 08:44 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i think mojaves are one of the most enrealible 4 stroke quads on the market the transmission just went on mine taking the kickstart mechansim output shaft and idler gear but i was lucky most of the time everything goes also the mojaves fans can quit the engine will overheat and suck a valve ruining the head and piston also the reverse mechanism breaks of the side off engine case!

Old 07-22-2002, 10:51 PM
Pro Rider

Lurch, you're on [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]. Lemmie put my engine back together in the next couple days here and I'd be game. Then again I have a 250X.

Old 07-22-2002, 11:36 PM
Pro Rider

as for this thingy with the fan quiting its called water it gets to electricity sometimes

and most people remove there fans and over flows anyway you dont need them uless it sits around idling all the time the thermostat kicks the fan on at 190F the mojave usualy runs at about 170 if you are moving at all

and all this talk about loosing transmissions sounds like bad clutch work to me even then you would wear out plates bofore blowing the tranny maybe you forgot about the clutch [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
and breaking the reverse gear well just because it goes 60 forward doesnt meen it can hit 60 backwards

Old 07-22-2002, 11:39 PM
Pro Rider

I dont want a mojave now, lol. Ill take my chances with a 300ex or a 400ex if I have enough money. Right now, I wish I had a cannondale moto, or a z400, or a raptor.

Quick Reply: mojave vs 300ex