Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Installing a DuraBlueEliminator 2+2 rear axle on 2002LakotaSport300 ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2002, 12:03 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just purchased a DuraBlue Eliminator axle 2+2 for my 2002 Kawasaki Lakota Sport 300 cause i bent the original one.I put the original rear sprocket hub through one side of the Eliminator 2+2 axle and it fit.Then i put the disc brake hub through the other side and didnt fit? I tried vise a versal and it didnt fit either.Does any one know if you need to buy a durablue brake hub to go with it,cuase the original one doesnt seem to fit?Or has any one ever installed the DuraBlue Eliminator axle to a Lakota and had this problem? I need help quad pals any ideas,comments,or experiences on this same matter would be greatly appreciated,thanks.

Old 08-16-2002, 08:19 AM
Pro Rider

I know of no one who has done this on the lakota yet. I can say that I believe all the others I know of done, had to buy the durablue brake hub.

How much did the axle run you and where did you get it from?

Old 08-16-2002, 07:06 PM
Trailblazer

I bought it on www.rockymountainatv.com and it was around $289.95 plus shipping.It is wider than the original one,the problem is the original disc brake hub doesnt want to fit and they dont show a dura blue disc brake hub for my lakota? Is there a web site for durablue products?

Old 08-16-2002, 10:02 PM
Pro Rider

Sorry I don't have any mags with me to look for there site or number for you. Call rocky mountain up and ask them they will give it to ya.

Never seen it in there. Might have to look into it, thanks.

Old 08-16-2002, 10:43 PM
Range Rover

I don't know but today i took my swingarm off and to change the rear axle bearings and i got to checking my swingarm over and it's cracked down by the bearings i got a broken motor mount also but i can't get the little ring that goes on down in there by the rear sprocket called the piston ring i can't get it out. And i can't find no piston ring pliers thats what service manual calls it. Anyone know where to get a aftermarket swingarm?

Old 08-16-2002, 10:45 PM
Range Rover

I forgot one thing i can't get the piviot bearings out by the motor mounts.When i took it off all of the little needles fell out. any help on getting the sleeve out?

Old 08-17-2002, 12:25 AM
Trailblazer

Cant help you there bigbad 400,I havent had that problem yet with my Lakota ,sorry.Hey gaff ive just installed the DURABLUE ELIMINATOR 2+2 axle on my LAKOTA, i cant run it yet because i still have to buy the chain tensioner(i guess it broke in the accident)and i want to change the oil too,as well as flip and rotate the front tire/wheels for more width.But, man if you see it from behind it looks wide(cool)cant wait to put some more sportier tires on it see how it handles with the wider axle fliped front wheels and sportier tires.(still have the originals).What tire brand and size would you recomend for the front/rear.Thanks pal(gaff) for your time and advice, i really appreciate it.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 08-17-2002, 01:21 AM
Pro Rider

I put a durablue eliminator on a lakota with no problems. everything fit just fine. Exactly what is it that is not fitting? are the splines on the brake hub too big? small? That axle is the same as a mojave and all the hubs are the same as a mojave. I have put 3 on now, two mojaves and one lakota. no problems.

Old 08-17-2002, 01:36 AM
Trailblazer

I was having trouble with the rear disc brake hub it didnt slide as easy as on the original axle.But,I got it now it just needed more push cause it goes in tighter than on the original axle .Thanks any ways.

Old 08-17-2002, 09:34 AM
Pro Rider

Glad to see you got that worked out. I was hoping you would, cuts $$$ when the hub worked.

The front tires flipping, you have to move the valve stems to the other side of the wheels. All I did was drill 7/16" holes on the same place on the other side of the rims. Then I turned the original valve stems upside down (with the valve stem caps glued on) then just installed new stems in the new holes. Adds 3" to the front if I remember rite. Way better handling, way better.

The tires are, well how much money you want to spend, lol. I kept the stock rims but got the Holeshot XCT's for the front awsome tires I swear by them. Realy bite hard while turning and the larger size makes it real easy to roll over rocks trees and all. The rear I have shreaders, At the time they were the only ones I could get for stock rims. I bought the 20" rears and believe me don't get 22" replacements the 20" are awsome. The shreaders I thought were going to be temporary but I realy like them. They work graet in all types of riding and they don't ware out before your eyes like some others. Many have good suggestions but it all depends on how much cash you have. I got both shreaders for the price of one XCT.

At the track I see alot of poeple buying cheaper and cheaper tires, even on the more exspensive machines. It's easy to get alot of cash rapped up in tires, some will say it's well worth it. My opinion, well I race a couple times a month and replacing tires is just another cost, so like me others usually save thier high dollar tires for some time special.

Quick Reply: Installing a DuraBlueEliminator 2+2 rear axle on 2002LakotaSport300 ?