Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Well guys I'm going back to bikes!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2002, 12:20 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guys I must tell you this past year on my lakota Has been a blast. Meeting and knowing you all Have been just unbelievable.

I'm probably going to hang around a while but you know I'll probably fade away some time. I'm still keeping are bayou 250 so I won't be totally gone.

It's just 30 years of bikes and one year of quads says it all. Trying to fight to race and dealing with quad issues is such a HUGE hassle. I love the sport and will always Have a soft spot for the quads as I credit all you for realy just making me understand that even when you get older the fun is still there.

I have a KX-250 to pick up when I get home, so don't fret the green blood just blows threw my vains still.

Old 08-20-2002, 12:40 PM
Pro Rider

Gotta do what ya love, man!!! I've been wanting to talk to you. Been so busy. Too much going on. Got the house, finally. In it now. It's awesome. I love the country.

So! What about the new 400? Not gonna give it a try at all? Gonna sell the Lakota? Not gonna keep it around just for fun?

Old 08-20-2002, 01:16 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Hey, take it easy Gaff!!!

keep the rubber side down, man.

Later,
Biggerisbetter.

Old 08-20-2002, 01:35 PM
Pro Rider

Stebob,
Do you have the same phone number? My dog ate my phone book and they wiped out our PM logs at the beginning of july. Although I have just taped back together all my little pieces and making a new phone book, found your old number in there.

As far as the 400 goes, well I've been waiting on it, but hasn't come in yet. The big problem I have is once I invest 6K on buying one then I need another 2500 to put into it to make it compettitive, alot of dough.

All my quad buddies have sold all thier quads and are back on bikes now. Most of my favorite tracks banned quads and it doesn't look good. Now poeple are setting up quad only races but that doesn't jive with my son who has a bike.

The hassle is just so much **** on it. I have never had such problems with just racing. It's such a stupid little game, so I've had the urge to get back in the saddle so I just mine as well do it.

It's realy alot more than that, but I'm going to get the KX and just go back to stress free riding and racing. Oh and I need to trade in the lakota to be able to afford the KX.

Old 08-20-2002, 01:58 PM
Pro Rider

I hate to hear that Gaff, but I understand completely. If you can't race the quad locally, I don't blame you. The only reason I started racing was because all of the good riding spots were shutting down and I needed somewhere to ride.

Good luck and I'm glad you're staying with Kawi.

Oh, and if you have any spare parts lying around, you know where to send them[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-20-2002, 07:15 PM
Pro Rider

there are a lot of tracks in our area to race quads at and only one in this area has banned quads. and yes we are setting up all quad races and i am involved in it big time,the quad riders here get no respect and i am not like most and gonna go away with my tail between my legs and hide. if the bike guys would just realize we can all work together then it would work but you have so many that just hate quads and no matter what we dowe will not please them. i unlike others will not give up for our rights and will stand my ground for what i believe in. i will not give up a sport that i and my kids love just because some bike rider is pissed off because my quad screwed up his line so if i am a bad person for having these beliefs and fighting for what is right ......then so be it but i still wont stop fighting

Old 08-20-2002, 08:15 PM
Trailblazer

Hey gaff nice knowing you ,thanks for your time and advice quad pal.Take care of yourself and the little blue mule and,if you sale it well i just hope it falls in good hands.Laters pal!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-20-2002, 10:36 PM
Trailblazer

does that mean that you will not be on these forums anymore? i enjoiyed hearing what you have said about differn issues here. although i dont know you personally, i have learned alot from your knowledge about lakotas and others. thanx man!!

Old 08-20-2002, 11:30 PM
Pro Rider

Oh markvette do I know your pain brother.

It dawned on me last tuesday on our way to avvondale that I left my quad home (track doesn't allow quads) but every one else went. After setting up and getting every one going I looked around and damn, every one I ride with owns bikes again. When I said, when did you all get bikes and where are your quads, they all said the same thing. They were just so sick of fighting the quad thing. So needless to say my racing any more like you is about my son (and soon to be daughter) and not me. But I still have the fire just, well, as the old saying goes, if ya can't beat um, join um.

I still have my little shop and still have quite a few sport rider/racers that I work on there quads. Sure I'm always going to be hopping up quads as well as bikes. So I'm sure I'll always be around the kawi room. Kawi was very good to me threw all these years. the very least I could do is give a little back to them by letting the green flow around me.

Good news is my daughter will be braeking out on a kawi this year. Bad news is my son won't give up on honda. I have another son due december 20th, but my son already has a oil injected yamaha picked out for him[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] My wife rides a kawi as well, but my other two daughters, oh lord. Riding just messes up thier hair, lol.

Old 08-21-2002, 12:38 AM
Pro Rider

Hey Gaff We'll Miss ya, everyone I think enjoyed everything you had to say in the fourms and we will miss your words of wisdom LOL!
Come back and visit every once and a while aight!!
Thanks

~BIG CHRIS~

Quick Reply: Well guys I'm going back to bikes!!