Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Im sad to say my 650 is a lemon. Help!

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2002, 11:48 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought my 650 in June of 2001, first one in. Since then it has been in the shop four times. With belt problems and more recently. It wouldn't start, run, ect. The mechanic has called Kawasaki several times and they can't fix the problems and now I have lost faith in the machine. I have never had a machine this bad. Has anyone ever dealt with a lemon law in an effort to get a new machine or vehicle? Any advice?

Old 09-05-2002, 11:53 AM
Range Rover

Sorry about your problems nephi. You should call Kawi direct and express your concerns, maybe threaten to get a lawyer.

Old 09-05-2002, 12:00 PM
Pro Rider

You must have been born of goodly parents?

I can't speak about the lemon law, dont know. If you don't get anywhere with the lemon law, try a more intelligent dealer.

These things just aren't that hard to get running, and they aren't half as complex as a car. The 650 is actually more trouble free than most of the competition. You really should not be having this much trouble. You just have the "Nehor" of ATV dealers there.

The dealer's mechanic must be a real loser. I used to live in utah, and I know that there are good dealers there. I love my 650 so much, that if I were you I would be willing to drive to the wasatch front to find a decent dealer who would fix it. Sorry, I don't know the best dealers in utah.

Good luck with the lemon law, but if you can't get that started try to find a dealer who can walk and chew gum at the same time.

Old 09-05-2002, 12:15 PM
Trailblazer

Nyroc thank you for your post. I rejoyced excedingly.

If there isn't any action today I will do exactly what you said.

Old 09-05-2002, 12:22 PM
Pro Rider

Good luck on finding a dealer hope every thing works out for you.

Old 09-05-2002, 12:33 PM
Pro Rider

Nephi sorry to hear about the lemon.

who is your dealer?

Old 09-05-2002, 12:44 PM
Pro Rider

The best dealer that I have dealt with in central Utah was the kawasaki dealer in Mt. Pleasant. (Worth the trip and plenty of trails to ride while your there)
In my humble opinion White knuckle in Payson/springville are dishonest...Don't trust them. Duff Shelly in AF is OK....

I have had some bad experience with some of the Kawi dealers... (I've bought several the last few years) There are only a few who I can trust . I'm with Nyroc... come up from the flat land for a while get your machine serviced and then ride the paiute trail while your up here.....

Nyroc...nice BOM refrences

Old 09-05-2002, 12:59 PM
Pro Rider

Dash, I wondered if you would get those, being from the heartland. The land here is not exactly flat, just no moutains (I hiked timp peak twice, and I miss the mountains). There are lots of hills around here, one hill you may be familiar with: "convenient to the village of Manchester, Ontario county, New York, stands a hill of considerable size". This hill just 45 minutes away from me, but you can't ride on it. Lots of good riding in this state, just not near rochester. I have to drive two hours to get to the good stuff, but there hs a lot of it. I want to ride a few places in utah, but that is a big drive. My friend wants to go.

Old 09-05-2002, 01:16 PM
Pro Rider

Nyroc

You need to load the machines up and make a trip. (Easier said than done) Heck, if you don't want to lug your machine you can borrow one of mine.
Just let me know the next time your out here.

Old 09-05-2002, 01:29 PM
Pro Rider

Tell me about some of the good places to ride, and I'll see if I can get my buddy to go, so we can spilt the gas and take turns driving (he has a griz).

My brother lives in ogden, but he has a banshee and may not like to ride anywhere but sand mountain.

Quick Reply: Im sad to say my 650 is a lemon. Help!