Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Question about Kawasaki Dealers..........................

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2002, 07:56 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

KNOWSALOT--- How does Kawasaki determine WHICH dealer to send that "kick-back" to??? There are 3 dealers in my zip code.( I believe this is true)
As far as the matter of "dissing" the dealer goes, I'll "diss" any one of them that treats me badly. When I get shoddy work out of the service dept., and/or poor performance from behind the parts counter, I am out 'o there! I am not always looking for best price, I am, however, ALWAYS looking for quality people that have a love for what they do in the dealership and they take care of me.

Old 09-23-2002, 08:33 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hmmm OK Knowsalot I have never questioned anything you have said till this point,

<< They determine the &quot;local dealer&quot; based on your zip code. So while the proceeds may not go to the dealer you bought your machine from, it does go the dealer who is closest to you within the region that is decided on based on your zipcode. >>

I have to say why would they send it to another dealer when all they have to do is look up your vin and compare it to your zip to see where you bought it from (I know when I go to kawasaki that I enter my vin to check recall staus and the online store link is available from there), would this not cause the dealers to be more acceptable to the dealing out of this money? I also mentioned this to my dealer friend who happens to be the only one in my zipcode and he said he does get a return but only after they meet a certain amount and that is only on quads where the Kawasaki Sales book is released with the quad.
I know some people buy their quads other places but for delaers to behave now I think they wouldn't want those books going out the door without being assured the return for the unit in those catalogues..

I have a good working relationship with my dealer and I can give most this advice, Find out if your dealer is an independent or Kawasaki Factory dealer, the service you get depends upon this, find out in the forums about your particular models quirks and bring it to your dealers attention, and lastly if you are having problems and your dealer does not understand your problem, I would recommend that you contact Kawasaki customer service.

As for the need for shims Knowsalot there has been a need for shims since the new generation belt system came in 98 and the 97 prairie 400 even used shims so are you adjusting these quad's belts properly? And no they were not used in case of a problem they were used because a belt is a mnufacuted part made of a material that is not exacting in nature and stretches sort of like your cars accesory belts that have auto tensioners and adjustments.