Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

saw the KFX 700 today!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2002, 05:38 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello all, well I went to the sand sports expo today and at the Roll/IMS booth there the beast sat, spoke to the head of Roll about it, said it is awsome, and will really rock the ATV world, 100 mph, handles good and will cost about the same as a Raptor, sorry to have to mention that word........but hey the green will rule in Feb. 03!!

So with the 400 and the new 700, plus the fact that Kawasaki is sponcering a team, and there racing program, we will be seeing alot of these green bikes in the next few years

GOOD JOB KAWASAKI!!

Old 09-21-2002, 07:34 PM
Weekend Warrior

I saw the 700 at the show. It is a very cool quad.....but it is not a racer!! This is a great dune quad, or a touring quad. I am sure that it can be jumped and ridden fast, but stock it is not set-up for racing, the rear end limits the quad from ever being a race quad. I would love to have one. The look very nice in person, the tank is in the back, the frmae was designed by roll design and looks very nice. It will have very good sales numbers...this quad is a winner

Old 09-22-2002, 12:28 AM
Pro Rider

How would it go 100? And second of all Kawasaki wouldn't send something out to the market that would do 100mph. Since you 2 are the only people that have seen this machine how much did it weigh?

Old 09-22-2002, 12:38 AM
Pro Rider

68 MPH is what my dealer reported it as he went to the show in Texas and was gracious with the pamphlets. He said it was nice and also reported and orange one.....Guess we will wait and see

Old 09-22-2002, 01:47 AM
Pro Rider

I spent a lot of time with the Kawasaki guys at the Jamboree in Utah and was assured that top speed is currently 83 mph but will be detuned before it is released to the public via the c.d.i box.
Bearman

Old 09-22-2002, 02:41 AM
Weekend Warrior

Im only reporting what was told to me, perhaps it can be geared to go that fast, size wise, its kinda between a Raptor and a Bomber 650, its smaller than the 650, not quite as tall or wide either, it might actually sit lower than the Raptor. It was sitting near a DRZ 400, longer machine, longer wheel base, a bit wider, but not any taller. This bike had some Roll goodies already bolted on, shocks, and A arms. The tank is mounted in the back with a real trick quick fill gas cap right behind the seat. The transition from the wide part of the seat to the front part of the seat ( normally where the tank is ) looks narrow. The whole bike seams low with a nice wide stance. The gentleman I spoke to (someone from Roll) said it will be a great play and race bike, the race part will mainly be the type of track you will be on, if you race in tight woods then you might be better off with the Suzukakawie 400 or an EX, but in the faster settings where you can use this kind of motor, watch out! Im purely basing that on just plain cc's, I mean 700cc can really rip, add some motor work, you get the message right?
I might add that the body work is very nice, this machine is, and will only be a Kawasaki, so no yellow please, I was told that Kawasaki USA is not real pleased with the Japan merger with Suzuki, and so the didnt want to hold anything back on this bike, Kawaski is getting real aggresive in the ATV market.

Old 09-22-2002, 08:22 PM
Pro Rider

1BEARMAN:
Now that we have a credible top speed number in 83mph...what is the acceleration like? Thats what I am more interested in...83mph is pretty much too fast for any quad in most areas, and is a quick exit to purgatory. How does this animal stack up in terms of acceleration? I hope they(KAWI) do not de-tune this bike as much as the P650...That motor has so much potential...and to not let it flex it's muscle would be a shame. I suggested on another thread that this 700 V-Twin may be more potent than a LT500(QUADZILLA)...but only if it's tuned to do it. Lets hope they let the monster live and not starve it as they did the P650.

ROB

Old 09-22-2002, 09:43 PM
Pro Rider

I was at the sand sport super show today and Doug Roll says the machine in final production will have a top speed of 68 to 70 mph. The c.d.i will retard the timimg just as it does on the Prairie 650 at a predetermined r.p.m to slow the top speed. Acceleration will not be detuned until top speed and from what I have been told it will pull very hard. The cylinders and heads are completely redesigned but should interchange with the Prairie, One of my Prairies will be going to Yoshimura next week to check if the exhaust is the same on both quads [ The Vforce at the show had a Yoshimura exhaust]. I have seen pictures of the Vforce doing triples at Star West supercross park!
Bearman

Old 09-22-2002, 11:30 PM
Pro Rider

I wish that they wouldn't detune it so that it will only go 68-70 mph. If it is supposed to compete against the Raptor and DS 650 it needs to do a little better than that. The Raptor and DS will both top out at 72 to 75 mph, and the new Predator is supposed to be even slightly faster. It seams that Kawasaki will be shooting themselves in the foot if they make it slower than the Raptor and only slightly faster than a 400EX. They should at least let hit 75 mph before they limit it. 1BEARMAN, do you think that there will be an aftermarket CDI to get around this detuning and top speed limitation?

Old 09-23-2002, 01:44 AM
Pro Rider

We have been working on a c.d.i box for the Prairie for a year now, Kawasaki did an excellent job of making it tough to modify, we are getting closer everyday however. Once The box is completed it will be much easier to build one for the Vforce. More than one company has given up on building a c.d.i for the Prairie but we wont quit and another company is getting close as well, however theres will be much more expensive and complicated.
Bearman

Quick Reply: saw the KFX 700 today!!!!!!!