Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

How come everytime I work on my Mo it's a disaster?

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2002, 12:55 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default How come everytime I work on my Mo it's a disaster?

Alright.

Last weekend I drilled holes in my airbox cover.Bike didn't seem to run right after that,its real responsive but has no top end.I assumed that the Supertrapp and the airbox mod made it too lean.

Went to the dealer and ordered 2 jets.Stock is a 140,I ordered the only available ones,142 and 145.

Bike shop called today and said the jets are in,so I went after them.I get there and every person in the place is over at a bike.I wait at the counter,wait,wait,wait.I walk over to where they are to see whats the hold up.It's Fabio! Ya,that fabio! I guess he's lookin at bikes.That explains why I'm being ignored.

Ok I get my jets and go home.I procede to attempt to remove the carb bowl with the carb on the bike,no go since the 4 screws are stripped! I bought the bike new so the factory must have stripped them,iIve never been into the carb myself.I end up removing all the plastic to get the carb off to remove the stripped screws.

Put in the 145 jet since my spark plug is white and go for a ride.Runs the same, no top end! hmmm,I call the dealer.They say that the holes I drilled might be affecting the slide and not allowing it to open correctly.Steal the lid off of the neighbors bike I'm working on and go for a blast. It runs much better! Untill I run out of gas...in the dark...w/o my cell phone...Put quad in the bushes...walk home(3 miles) ...it's cold and get truck....Battery is dead,jump truck off of Jeep.

Go get quad, gas it up and go for a longer ride (30 min),Plug is still white!

So now I decide to remove a couple of discs from my supertrapp.(1) it's too loud any way.(2) might richen the jetting.First bolt I touch snaps off! Geez I barely touched it and it broke off!

I put silicone in the holes I drilled in the air box cover and gave up for the night.

Old 11-02-2002, 10:17 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, first don't try removing disc screws from exhaust untill completely cooled, or as you find they braek.

Second, your still to lean. Try sticking a shim the needle in the slide also. You can get a shim from the dealer, or do what I do. I get stainless steel ones from the haedware store. I think they are #8 screw washers. Then up your main more.

By covering the holes in the air box you just richined the mixture some, but you need to go up on the main any way.

For reasons you are finding, this is why I tell every one to spend the $45 and just get a dynojet kit.

If I could be any help just give a shout. Usually the stock mains are $4.50 a piece. Dynojet ones are 2.50. Might just want to order them or what ever.

Old 11-02-2002, 10:42 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thats how i felt trying to put my old dirtbike back together. the pipe would not fit back into the exhaust port, and this was about 1 o'clock at night. and i tried to get it in, and tried it just didnt work. i look at it and its bent? i was like uhh. ok, so i got it all straight, and im going to bolt it onto the frame, put the bolt on, and im tightening it on, and all of a sudden the bolt breaks off in the frame. and sadly this is the only mount that holds the pipe. it was so lame. then i drilled another hole in the frame so i could mount it, then the drill goes dead. but i eventually got it on. then the oil injection was being lame-o. like the oil line to the engine wasnt giving it any fuel, so i took it off, and messed with it, and now it works. and now its about 2:30 in the mornin, casue the next day i was supposed to go up north, ans go riding. i cant really remember what else gave me trouble, but i know it sure pissed me off, oh, and the person that was taking me up north didnt even take me, what a friend huh?