Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Some water leaked into the 360 today

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2002, 10:57 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some water leaked into the 360 today

Okay guys i was out riding today came up on this BIG water hole....drove through it a couple of times made it through fine...on the third pass I went out deeper....the front end sunk almost to the racks the bike was doing fine till i let off the gas to try and back out of it then i guess some water leaked in through the muffler...it died...and started a couple of times but after that wouldn't do anything...ended up geting a Traxter to pull me out! Still wont run...when i got home I pulled the muffler off and it was filled with water....I'm going to pull the whole pipe off as soon as I get a chance because I think there is still some in it I don't think any actually got to the motor I check the dip stick and the oil looked fine....any sugestions?

Old 11-25-2002, 01:10 AM
Range Rover

Pull your spark pug out and crank it over to see if anywater got in, if it did then keep crankin till its all out. Check your airbox, filter, and float bowl for water too.

Old 11-25-2002, 09:26 PM
Pro Rider

I drained all the oil out today....Let's just say there was a little water in it [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] ...I took off the header pipe and attached a wet vac to the end of it but no water came out so that's dry....I haven't checked the spark plug....I left the drain plug out over night tonight....I check the air box but that's dry...I also think I flooded the carberator just by choking it....so i'm going to drain it tomorow...I will also check the spark plug....after I change the oil...providing it will start....I will let it run for about 10 min or so and drain all the oil and refill it again....Thanks for your help....I'm worried about my baby!

Old 11-27-2002, 11:47 AM
Pro Rider

You can actually lift the front end up and rest it on the back rack to drain all the water out of the exhaust. After that, then pull the spark plug, crank it a few times and see if water is coming out. If so, continue to do so 'till it's not coming out anymore, just like said above. Now, you will want to check your oil. If there is water in it (milky color) drain 'till it's clean. You will want to buy the cheap oil since you will just change it, and change it again, maybe 4 or 5 times. get new filter's, too. I would also drain the bowl on the carb, as well. Just turn off the gas, open it up 'till no more gas flows. Turn it back on and all will be good. Don't worry, she'll be alright! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

oooppss... I missed where you changed the oil and found water. Chances are changing it once will not get the water out, may have to do it a few more times.

Old 11-27-2002, 03:57 PM
Pro Rider

I went to the Bike shop yesterday evening to buy a couple oil filters and asked the mechanic what to do...he told me basically the same thing yall did....To drain all the oil/water out make sure all the water is out of the exhaust....check the plug...drain all the gas out (tank too) he told me to buy a gas stabilizer to put in the new gas...refill everything and crank it up and let it run for about an hour...then drain all the oil and install a new filter....refill it and run it a bit check the dip stick and see how the oil looks...if it looks milky change it again.....I did so this mourning and to my amazement the 360 started on the second try I did as the mechanic told me and all is well!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Thanks guys for all your help!

Chris

Old 11-27-2002, 04:00 PM
Pro Rider

Rock on! Good job!

Old 11-27-2002, 05:35 PM
Pro Rider

Oh I forgot I also changed the rear final gear case oil too!

Old 10-16-2005, 10:50 PM
Pro Rider

Did the same to my 05-360
floated her across one that was a lil' to deep'

let her sit and stood her up, to no avail....took it back to camp, pulled plug and flushed oil three times...eventually had to put ethor down cylinder to get her purring again...once she cranked back over, exhaust sprayed water every where for about 40 seconds...two more oil changes after that ran her on trails for four hours next day without missing a beat....

keep on bangin'...they werent bought just for their looks'