Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

What is in a name? “Prairie”

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2003, 06:18 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is in a name? “Prairie”

What is in a name? “Prairie”

My buddies are riding Grizzlies, Foreman Rubicons, Raptors, Predators, and a Sportsman. I tell them that I am going to buy a Prairie and they laugh. “Prairie?” It doesn’t matter how many articles I show them where the Prairie kicks the butt of everything out there, they hate the name. I hate the name also. Come on Kawasaki your marketing department really missed the mark on this one. How about: Kawasaki Soldier 650; Kawasaki Fireman 650; Kawasaki Victory 650; Kawasaki Demon 650; something else besides Prairie. You are loosing sales because of this name.

FireDemon
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]isgust

Old 01-10-2003, 06:34 PM
Range Rover

kawasaki prarie stompin mud flingin woods slashing pavement burning rip snortin get the hell out of the way show no mercy rip there guts out and **** in the hole 650.darn i dont think that will fit...oh well

Old 01-10-2003, 06:57 PM
Pro Rider

Wait 'til you buy yours and smoke them on just aboout everything. They will wish their machines said "Prairie" on them just like yours does. It's like the story of the tortus and the hare. You fool them in to beleiving that you are just a prairie, not a grizzly or sportman. Then at the finnish line, you end up waiting for them to catch up! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-10-2003, 08:35 PM
Pro Rider

I thought Prairie was a pretty good name for a 4 wheeler.

Andy G

Old 01-10-2003, 09:12 PM
Pro Rider

tell them Prairie was Kawasaki way of telling them where the machine will leave theirs - Could be a new sitcom Lil Grizzs left by the prairie to graze.

Seriously what is in a name - they should laugh how can you look someone straight in the face and say I rode a bear (grizz) today or a hunter (sportsman), that sounds sort of high (rubicon) to me.

Rather have a dog with fleas than to ride anything other than my Prairie.

Old 01-10-2003, 09:17 PM
Pro Rider

You simply need to buy a Canadian model like mine, they are called KVF 650's.
I agree the name Prairie is sort of g@y but it is still the baddest 4x4 buggy on the market.

Old 01-10-2003, 11:46 PM
Pro Rider

tell the guy with the rubicon, that rubicon is the stream that divided the provinced when Julius Caesar was around.

Old 01-11-2003, 12:08 AM
Pro Rider

I belong to a clud that has them all. After I beat them all at every thing. Drags,hillclimb,ice drags,fire roading, deep snow even with the solid rearend (this is bad because now they allways want me to break the trails in the deep snow.)My quad is tuned by an old flacktracking Buddy and just halls .We also now have two new 650s in the club I think the 650 has made an impression.

Old 01-11-2003, 12:11 AM
Pro Rider

Regardless of the name,The 650 speaks for itself. They could've named it the 650 Daisey and it would still kick butt.

Old 01-11-2003, 12:14 AM
Pro Rider

Sorry I forgot the new Prairie oners arnt new to the club just new to the Prairie.They used to ride a Honda and a Sportsmen. They finaly quit askin to ride mine now is the other 20 or so would get them.

Quick Reply: What is in a name? “Prairie”