Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Wahoo!!!! Got the KFX400!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2003 | 12:06 PM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default Wahoo!!!! Got the KFX400!!!!!!

Well, after telling the Suzuki dealer about the Fremont Motorsports price of $5299 on the Kaw and him telling me to go there and verify that price and then come back to him, (like he is King Herod), I went to the Honda guy and got the MSRP plus freight/setup talk from the Honda dealer on the 400ex. I told him if that is the case, I was going to buy the Kawasaki/Suzuki. He was not fazed one bit. So, I went to my local Kaw dealer here in Denver and told him I was on my way to Fremont Motorsports about an hour away and he would have to beat the $5299 +tax and doc fees I was going to get there. I told him cut to the chase, bottom line. He said $5250. I said big deal. I was really worn out from dealing with these people, asked for helmet and goggles. He said 40% discount on helmet and goggles. I have the green beast sitting in the garage. Wahoo, it is nice!!!!!!!!
So, does anyone have any advice on anything I should do before I start the break-in (Duncan method??).
Is there anything I should coat/wax/protect to make a some process easier later?
Any tips on break-in??
Thanks to all forum (this one as well as the others) members, the advice and info here is invaluable!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-17-2003 | 03:10 PM
Pro Rider

Congratulations. Have FUN!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-17-2003 | 04:36 PM
Weekend Warrior

about 3 tanks full should do it
I think the duncan methods was all about taking the motor through heat cycles,, right? Its a good idea that and dont hold the throttle wide open. of course,,lol
It will pick up a lil more speed after its fully broke in. also its a good idea to get the valves adjusted after it breaks in. but after that no adjustments will be needed for quite some time.

I clean it after every ride the spray it down with wd-40 except the plastic for some reason it wont shine well. For that I use mop&glo it works trust me,,lol

Old 01-17-2003 | 04:50 PM
|
Weekend Warrior

Mop-n-glo is a good idea, especially in the fender wells. It would probably make the mud/dirt come off easily.

Old 01-17-2003 | 04:51 PM
Pro Rider

Congratulations man! I went last Saturday to buy my KFX 400 but I found out after I got there that Kawasaki's latest promotion 0 down 0 payments 0 intrest til Jan. 04 was only on Utility quads!!! That pissed me off! So i didn't get it :'(

Old 01-17-2003 | 05:04 PM
Range Rover

Be sure to get a nice swing arm skid right o way, that plastic stocker won't last with any rocks on a trail. I like my PRM.

Old 01-17-2003 | 07:23 PM
Sc0
Weekend Warrior

Are you sure that it is just for Utility Quads?
According to Kawasaki's web site it's for everything. (PWC, ATV, MULE, motorcycles, etc)
Maybe your dealer is trying to pull a fast one?

Old 01-17-2003 | 08:42 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Jim, try mop-n-glo once and you will realize that you have wasted your time. Very dull and nasty looking....go by your owners manual on the break in.

Old 01-17-2003 | 09:18 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Sc0
Are you sure that it is just for Utility Quads?
According to Kawasaki's web site it's for everything. (PWC, ATV, MULE, motorcycles, etc)
Maybe your dealer is trying to pull a fast one?
I wish that was the case! The kawi web-site says on select models...The dealer actually showed me the print out from Kawasaki which basically said it was not on any sport ATV's I don't know about the bikes? I found a pretty good deal tonight on a KFX so I might go get it tomorrow?!

Old 01-17-2003 | 10:38 PM
Trailblazer

I bought Mine at 0/0/0/ at a dealer in Calif. a couple of days before New Years day!! I saw the ad in Kawi's web site and Dirt Wheels.

KFXBob

Quick Reply: Wahoo!!!! Got the KFX400!!!!!!