Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Dumbest parts guys in Canada.

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2003, 09:09 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dumbest parts guys in Canada.

Well, got the 145 jet, the 148 jet, and my choke spring today. Notice I said "spring"-----not springs. My Kawie dealer is about a 45 minute drive from my house. Anyways, while I was at work, my wife (she's the best!!!) drove over to pick up my parts. When I get home, I check the items to find there is only one choke spring. I SPECIFICALLY told the parts guy to order two as I was installing them in an '02 Prairie 650. I phone him and give him hell, telling him my quad will now be down for another week while he orders another spring, which cost $4.72. He says "why do you need two springs?"------------HELLLLLOOOOOO---------they are going on a Prairie 650!!!!!!!!! He says "how come you only ordered 1 of each jet then?"------------------HELLLLLLLLOOOOOOOO--------------Prairie 650------2 carbs!!!!!!! Are these parts guys given a frontal lobotomy while I wasn't looking or what??? Needless to say, I am completely pi$$ed with these guys, but am stuck with them, as they are the only Kawie dealer around. You gotta wonder if they have a single clue as to what they sell. So now, my beautiful toy sits in the shed, waiting for a $5 part. This is the second time I have been screwed by the infamous "DUMBPARTSGUY". Anyone wanna go for a beer?

Old 02-20-2003, 09:21 PM
Pro Rider

Bummer

Old 02-20-2003, 09:58 PM
Trailblazer

Mastrblastr:What part of B.C. are you in,and which dealer?Im in Chilliwack,our local Honda dealer now sells Kawi's,thats were I got my machine.They are pretty good,but are havin a tough time gettin my black spring,their supplier says its not available.I just came from there and now their gonna try to get it direct.

Old 02-21-2003, 12:41 AM
Pro Rider

650mountain, I'm in the West Kootenays. The dealer I'm talking about is in Nelson. You should look up a guy on these forums that goes by the name Saskatch. He might be able to give you info on the black spring.

Old 02-21-2003, 12:53 AM
Pro Rider

To the parts guys credit, he is now gonna get me another spring for free and ship it to me for free. That's the kind of service I'm talkin about!!!!!!!

p.s. I know it's only a $5 part, but , hey, that's half a six pack!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-21-2003, 08:37 AM
Pro Rider

or two gallons of gas for riding.

Old 02-21-2003, 12:46 PM
Trailblazer

Hi guys, my supplier couldn't keep up with my demand so we got set up direct with Erlandson. We're spose to have more springs within a week as well we are going to stock the orange primary springs and the epi weights.

Old 02-21-2003, 03:04 PM
Trailblazer

Hey mastrblstr: I'm curious as to what altitude you ride at in the kootenays. I ride on the other side of the Rockies at around 3000 to 5000'. I have the dynotjet kit but am still trying to find the right mains for my altitude. It seems everyone is either lower in alt. or higher. Imay even switch back to kehein main jets if the dynojets dont work out.

I also purchased my epi black spring directly at erlandsonperformance.com and it was delivered to my doorstep. Money well spent.

bob

Old 02-21-2003, 10:52 PM
Pro Rider

Bobby, I believe the elevation around here is around 1500 feet, but once you get into the mountains, it shoots to around 6000. I have been up to 8000 with my stock jets and a modded muffler and it ran like crap. I'm working on a system that will let me get more air into the airbox with the turn of a dial, so I can open it up in the mountains and close it off when I get into the lower elevations. I'd tell you all about it---------but then I'd have to kill you!!!!!!! Once I get it figured out and see how well it works, I'll take some pics and let you know all about it.

Old 02-23-2003, 12:33 AM
Trailblazer

Hey Saskach, have you got Kawi to do anything on the fragile useless fender trim?? Man, it sounds like you have some access or know someone that has some access to some super, duper, hyper-mod parts...what all can you get for these 650 KVF'rs? or can you till me where I can get some hyperizing parts? Can you give a link if there is a website, or e-mail me with phone#.
Well so long for now.