Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Whats the point?!

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2003, 04:01 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats the point?!

It's enevitable that idiots will turn this into a flame...it's lame how some people think an opinion is a direct bash or an argument. Also it isnt cause im scared either, I can't be scared over something I would never want to own. I could care less about speed, my thoughts are weight and the auto tranny. Sure, the weight might be something to get used to but in my opinion I would never want to own an auto tranny quad unless its a 4x4. I would get sooooo bored riding it! You wouldnt have to worry about anything! LAZY!!! Next they will find a way to have auto brakes! My point is shifting is the half the fun of riding! When you get rid of shifting you dont have to pay attention to anything or use any skill to know what gear to be in and etc. ya, you get it (i think)

Old 02-27-2003, 04:20 AM
Pro Rider

I don't like the auto part either, I've had them. They are ok on a utility quad but not a sport quad, this is just my opinion. Never the less I also think they will go over great and be a big seller. There are so many people out there that have to have the biggest, baddest or fastest, it will sell regardless of what some of us think. I'll keep my KFX 400 it is good enough for me.

Old 02-27-2003, 05:05 AM
Pro Rider

BigBubba- I dont believe using an auto tranny makes a person a lazy rider, again if you think auto tranny are for lazy riders you need to check out sno-cross (mx for snowmobiles)....these guys will fly around a track. HPD made a 70+ hp polaris sport 400 that took 1st at some major mx race a few months back, it all depends on what you want from a quad.

scootdog- not real cool to bash all raptors just because someone who owned one made you mad, I have a blast on mine...its great on the trails and dirtpits I ride, not to mention the long fire-roads. I think the P650 is a great machine, I hope to have one for myself in the next year.

This is not a bash against either one of you, you both just got your bowels in an uproar over nothing.

Old 02-27-2003, 07:31 AM
Pro Rider

yea , big bubba . you bashed. why not let the quad come out first before you start ranking it. read your
post IDIOT. midlife crisis? conpletly lazy? (conpletly is a word?) QUOTE: Also just think how hard an over 500 lb. quad is to manuver! AHH! I could keep going with why this quad is pointless and a waste of money.

DIRTHEAD: i respect all quads, was not bashing all Raptors its when someone comes on saying XXX -quad is a pile O`crap before it
hits the market, is a real pisser.Sorry if i pissed anyone off this is JMO.
and for all the money put into BB`s quad, i hope it will kick a$$!!

Old 02-27-2003, 10:26 AM
Pro Rider

It will sell, some will like it ,some won't.

BigBubba, did you actually want answers to your questions?If not, what was your purpose here?

"Who wants a high performance quad with an auto tranny?! "

-How many people bought scramblers??!

"It takes away all the fun and control!! To me and prolly most people the clutch is half the fun!! "

The throttle response is the other half the fun, if not more.With an auto you can focus on that instead of playing with gears

" I can almost guarantee that noone under 30 will want this unless they are conpletly lazy or don't know how to ride. "

-Again, what is a Scrambler?They still make 'em and sell 'em sport.

"Sure it might have power but I'm sure the auto tranny slows it down, I bet the Raptor out accelerates it badly. Also just think how hard an over 500 lb. quad is to manuver! AHH! I could keep going with why this quad is pointless and a waste of money but I'm not gonna cause I'm getting sick of thinking and typing. Sorry if I pissed anyone off this is JMO. "

- This was a very informative statement, I must say.I'm glad your happy with your Raptor, Bubba.

Old 02-27-2003, 10:27 AM
RPM
Pro Rider

I'm all for everyone having and speaking their mind. I also enjoy a good honest depate without a bunch of name calling.

Big Bubba,

I understand that this is not the Quad for you and that is fine. I don't quite understand your logic though. Your claim is that since it is an auto, suddenly you don't have to ride it any more. Like all you have to do is push with your thumb and it will stay on the trail or go over every obstical without any input from the rider. There is absolutely no difference between riding the KFX700 or a Manual shift Quad, except for the Manual Shifting. Auto Tranys are NOT "AUTO PILOT". With the Power that this Quad produces, I think that it is safe to say that the rider is going to have plenty of things to do to keep this Quad under control and heading in the right direction.

I will admit that at first I wasn't sure about the whole Auto Trany idea, but now the more I think about it the more I am looking forward to it. I own (And will Keep) a Manual Shift Quad, for certain types of riding, they are as fun as it gets. But just like they have their place, so will the Auto Trany. Nuthin wrong with having choices. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-27-2003, 03:41 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BigBubba
Sure it might have power but I'm sure the auto tranny slows it down, I bet the Raptor out accelerates it badly.

DirtWheels did an article where they took a Prairie 650 stripped the racks off, put a different exhaust on it and smaller tires and said they were beating stock Raptors in the sand with it. So if a mildly tuned utility quad can take the Raptor, I don't think a performance-tuned sport-quad with a 700cc twin will have any trouble.